Chapter 29

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth. But if I do, oh it's you, it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you, and all these little things." ~One Direction, Little Things

"I just kind of feel she still hates me," Daniel mutters.

"I don't think so," I reply.

"But she hasn't been all cute with me since the amusement park," Daniel pouts. "I like it when she goes all cutesy on me."

"Of course you do," Zach laughs.

"Everyone likes cute partners," Jack says, laughing.

"Do they?" Corbyn grins.

I shove his head, knowing he means my over snuggliness. "You're clingy too."

"I know," he laughs, holding me close. "And I like it that way."

"Anyway," Daniel smiles, "I was wondering if, you know, you guys could help me... cause you guys are couples and all."

"Well..." Jack starts. "I don't really know what Max would like."

Daniel blushed. "I don't remember what she likes... kind of... I mean I do, but like, what if that's changed? Or like, she doesn't want to be with me?"

"I don't know how many times Izzy's going to have to say this, but she's pretty sure Max will go out with you," Corbyn pipes up.

"Right," Daniel nods, uncertainly.

Max comes twirling into the living room, humming, unconsciously smiling as she sees Daniel.

"Oh!" she blushes. "Am I interrupting something? Sorry, I'll uhm, I'll just go!" And she prances back out.

"Sing her a song!" Zach yelps. "That seems so suitable for her! Like, sing a song about what you think of her, or something."

"That... I like that..." Daniel smiles.

"Dani?" Max is peering over the entrance of the living room. "Can you come over here?"

He jumps up, disappearing with Max.

"He should sing Little Things," Jack suggests. "By One Direction. It's a nice song."

"I like that song," Zach states.

"I do too," Jack smiles.

Corbyn nods. "Saaaaame."

I give Corbs an unimpressed look, which he returns with an overly lovesick grin.

I laugh as he tries to kiss me, but I pull away.

"We're busy helping Daniel. Bad Corbyn." I boop his nose. He scrunches his nose, trying to look at my finger.

I giggle.

~

"Are you sure she'll like this?" Daniel asks.

"I'm sure!" I reply. "She'll absolutely love it!"

"Hey guys?" Zach asks. "How do I turn on the lights if I can't see it?"

"Don't you already know where it is?"

"I mean, yes. But it's too dark," he pauses. "And there's stuff I can't see on the floor."

"Just turn the light on. It's on your right," Corbyn says.

"Fine," Zach grumbles.

"I need to pee," Jack whispers a minute later.

"Well can you wait to pee?" Corbyn hisses.

"Yes," Jack mumbles.

"Then wait," Corbyn replies.