Chapter Five

As I figured, it goes straight to his voicemail.

This is Louis Tomlinson please call back later. Beep.

I shouldn't be surprised, I was such a jackass to him.

I check the time on my phone and jump at the surprise that it's 11:45am and I have to be at work by noon. Luckily the parlor is right down the street from my apartment.

I get off the couch and go to grab my keys from the island in my kitchen. Out the door I go.

The quick walk to the tattoo parlor was a frusterating one. I cannot get Louis out of my head no matter what I do.

I decide to text him one last time before I get there.

Hey, Louis. I know you got my call. Please call back, I'm truly sorry.

I walk in and I'm greeted by my good friend Karlie. Her father owns the parlor. Karlie works almost all the time.

"Hey Harry. How are you?" She asks with a smile on her face. Her personality is so much different than how you would expect it to be. Her inked body gives off quite the impression.

"I'm fine." I say in a harsh tone.

"Doesn't sound like it."

"Karlie, I just don't want to talk about it. I came here to work and hopefully it'll help to get my mind off of things." I say.

"You know I'm here whenever you need me."

She has always been there for me. She's the only other person besides the few boyfriends that I've had who knows that I'm gay. So I give in. I tell her eveything. From walking into the Christmas party just a day ago, to the kiss that happened not too long ago and also the fight.

By the time I'm done I think I've left Karlie speechless for the first time ever in her life.

"That's quite the situation." She finally says.

"I know."

We sit in silence. It's only a few days before New Years so buisness is usually pretty quiet. It really picks up when the drunks come in during midnight of New Years.

-

We only end up having two customers that day.

One wanted to know how he could cover up his now ex-girlfriend's face that he stupidly tattooed onto his bicep.

The other wanted a simple butterfly tattoo on their rist. It resembles the one I have on my stomach.

Karlie told me I could leave at 9pm when we usually close at 10. So I walked home but not without stopping by a liquor store to by some vodka and orange juice. The mix of them seems to always help when I'm in a messy situation. I don't know if anything can help this though. I thought to give it a try.

By the time I'm home its 9:20 and I'm ready for a drink.

One goes by. Then two. Then three, four.

I doze off on my couch into a deep sleep.

All of the sudden I see Louis.

Louis comes up to me and says, "Harry, it's okay. I shouldn't have stormed out on you like I did. I forgive you, Harry."

And then he begins to kiss me. I press my lips onto his and push him up against a wall...

I wake up to the burning sun in my eyes. I go to close the curtains, wishing it had all happened and that it wasn't just a dream. I felt as though I could feel Louis' presence.

God, I really screwed up. I really did screw up. And I couldn't change it, it's not like I know where he lives. All I have is his number. Which isn't much help at this point.

It is 1pm by the time I've showered, gotten dressed and have ate brunch.

My hangover from all the drinks last night causes my head to bang like never before. I'm quite dizzy and the sun kills.

Before I head off to another day at work I put on some sunglasses and start my walk again.

Finally arriving, I open the door under the huge sign that reads 'Buddy's Tattoos' and a bell rings.

"Harry, how are you?" Karlie asks.

"I'm fine.. really." I start to get a bit dizzy from my walk, I honestly don't know how I made it here.

My dizziness causes me to trip a little and grab ahold of one of the chairs. Karlie takes notice and says, "Harry.. are you hungover?"

"I may or may not be." I don't want to admit it.

"Oh my god, I'm walking you home." She lets a deep breath out, "Come on. I'll close up and come back."

I can't resist her offer. Work just doesn't seem great right at this moment. I make sure to apologize as many times as possible on the walk home. Which, she does have to hold onto my arm the way there, making sure I don't trip and fall.

She opens the door to my apartment and says, "Go lay down on your couch and get take a rest."

I do as she says, knowing it's what I really need.

She comes back over to me and hands me a glass of water, "I'm coming by after my shift. If you drink this it'll help. I've got to go Harry. Just rest, okay?" She says.

"Thank you Karlie. It means a lot." I thank her.

She nods, waves and shuts the door behind her. I close my eyes and fall back asleep.