Chapter 8

Loki is transferred upon arrival at the compound, to members of security, where, he is then led under heavy guard to a secure cell.  

Layla is waiting as he enters, and once again cannot help but study this man as he dominates the large room.

"Put him in there."  She instructs the guards, gesturing to a large, reinforced pod in the centre of the room.   

Loki looks up at her as he enters, expressionless and silent.

"And....just so there's no chance of you escaping..."  She trails off as she presses buttons on a keypad in front of her.  
A whirring noise starts up, and Loki slowly walks to the side of the pod, peering down through the glass side, to the void that has opened up below.

"You must be very scared of me..."  Loki says, as he backs away from the side of the container, his arms once again outstretched.

Layla smirks.  

"It's not about being scared of you Loki."  She replies.  "It's about protecting Earth, until we can work out how to stop you.  I'm not scared of you at all."

Loki nods and looks briefly down at the floor.

"Hmmm...."  he begins.  "That would be why you have your team watching us right now yes?"  He gestures to the camera, focused on him within his cell.

In the main compound meeting room, Natasha snaps her head up from the screen she has in front of her.  Steve looks up from his too and meets her eye.  Both of them share wordless thoughts.

Back in the holding room, Layla gently clears her throat, adamant he will not see her rattled.

"Those cameras are purely for my team's amusement and entertainment Loki-nothing more."  She says seriously.

"Oooh...."  Loki says mockingly.  "They will be entertained Little One, don't you worry about that..."

Layla shakes her head in amusement.

"You know, I really wouldn't bother trying to look powerful, when we have stripped you of your weapons and abilities just by putting you in that cell.  You're imprisoned and useless right now Loki."

"For now!"   Loki replies, his volume rising slightly.  "But mark my words, I will be leaving here-soon."

Layla openly laughs this time.

"HA!.  Of course you will.  For now though, I think I'll leave you with your thoughts for a while...."

With that, she turns on her heel and leaves the room, leaving it in darkness, with only the light of the cell illuminating Loki and the void beneath him.
As the door closes, he walks once more to the side, and looks down, processing his thoughts and ideas of how he imagines he will escape.....