Quicksand (Chibi Tiny Tales)

Chibi Rowena edit above done by yours truly. -Mal.

Anne, Sprig, and I were kicking around a bugball one morning. Anne kicked the ball around, until she started sinking in some deadly quicksand and screamed.

Before we did anything, Sprig and I approached Anne carefully and tried to pull her out. That didn't work. The quicksand was too strong for a frog boy and a human girl.

Plan B. Sprig ran to get Hop Pop and Polly while I stayed with Anne, occasionally making me blush. Once Sprig got back with his sister and grandfather, he wraps his tongue around Anne as we all tried pulling her out again. No luck.

Hop Pop came up with the next attempt. We rode Bessie over to the pit of quicksand. Anne tied herself to a rope hooked onto Bessie's cart. Bessie used her strength to pull the cart, but was easily detached.

Sprig decided to launch her out with a long stick. But he couldn't get her out. I helped him with that, until the stick snapped in half. Polly also decided to lift some weights for some reason.

As Polly continued weightlifting, Sprig and Hop Pop tamed a wild mantis and tried to pull Anne out again. I was just standing there, confused.

After that is when Polly finished with the weights and got super buff. But I was amazed that didn't free Anne from the quicksand. Anne frowned.

Sprig poked the quicksand in defeat with the other half of the stick. I hugged him as he was almost in tears. Hop Pop came with a book to read with Anne. And Polly wanted to put bows in her hair.

All of us gathered around the pit for Anne's final minute. As she sank into the quicksand, we all bawled for a little bit as it started to rain. All of a sudden, Anne came out from some bushes as Sprig and I were crying tears of joy, until Sprig fell into the quicksand.