Mara ~ 1

"JULIA GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM!" I screamed at the bathroom door. 

I was late and as usual, Julia was taking ages in the bathroom. I continued to bang my fist on the door. Not long after, it swung open revealing a very glamourous Julia.

 We looked nothing alike, I mean we aren't actually related. I was adopted by the Lewis family when I was a couple of months old. Most people felt angry about being put up for adoption but I am so happy that I was. I loved my family more than anything.

"Jeez Mara, I wasn't even that long." She said rolling her doe eyes and flicking her hair over her shoulder.

Julia was beautiful. Every guy wanted her and every girl wanted to be her. She had waist-length brown hair that was pin-straight. Her large doe eyes were like pools of chocolate reflecting all her emotions. 

I pushed her tall frame out of the way. I stood at an average height of 5'5" whereas, Julia was 5'8". My supermodel of a sister tripped over her brown boots and thudded into the wall. She winced and rubbed her arm.

"You're a lot stronger than you look," I mumbled an apology and slammed the bathroom door shut. 

I quickly showered and got dressed. I went for some skinny jeans and a black jumper. As usual, it was rainy and miserable outside. It always is in this town but I don't mind, it's soothing.

I dried my hair and added a little bit of mascara. Most people thought my hair was dyed but it was 100% natural. The shiny silver strands attracted attention wherever I went and so did my light grey eyes. 

"MARA COME ON! TYLER IS HERE!" Julia's voice boomed through the house. I tugged on some vans and ran down the stairs. 

Julia was shoving a pastry in her mouth whilst Tyler was leaning against the door frame flicking through his phone. The sound of my footsteps caught his attention as he looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Good morning beautiful. I love the jumper." He winked at me and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Good morning Ty, and of course you do. It's your jumper." Julia made a gagging noise as she passed us.

We drove to school, singing to music the whole way. When we arrived the car park was full. Tyler parked in his space and opened the car door for me, holding his hand out as I stepped down. I smiled at him.

"It's fine, I will open my own door," Julia said in a sarcastic tone. Tyler merely laughed as he led me through the corridors and towards our first lesson.

I sat next to Tyler at the back of the classroom. His hand caressed my thigh as he stared straight ahead, listening to the teacher. I ran my hand over his and squeezed. He looked over at me.

"Miss Lewis when you stop drooling over Mr. Johnson can you give me the answer to number 3?" I blushed scarlet red and cleared my throat.

"Umm... Is it 7?" I asked as the classroom erupted into laughter.

"Nice try, Miss Lewis, but this is English, not Math." The teacher turned away to write on the board.

"Well, that was embarrassing." I groaned out and rested my head on Tyler's shoulder.

"You went so red. It was just the cutest thing ever." He chuckled as he continued to stroke my thigh.

The rest of the lesson was slow and boring. Thankfully, the teacher didn't ask me to answer any more questions. Tyler's hand never left my thigh. 

"I have biology next so I will meet you afterward." He said as he gave me a quick peck. I watched him filter into the crowd before I turned towards my next lesson, history.

I sat down next to Julia who was talking to some blonde boy behind her. She was twisting her hair in her fingers and giggling at whatever he had said. Flirt. I loudly dropped my books on the table and her head snapped in my direction.

"How was English?" She asked as the blonde boy tried to get her attention. She merely waved him off and turned her whole body towards me.

"Shit. How was drama?" She didn't bother asking why my lesson was bad. I usually got into trouble.

"Really good, I think I will get an A at the end of the term." She bragged just before the teacher walked in.

I sat in silence. The hour lesson felt like it was months long. Julia sat next to me scribbling down notes as I just slouched in my chair. The minute the bell rang I jumped from my seat and grabbed Julia's hand. I pulled her out the door and through the crowd. James was sat at our usual table munching on an apple. We all had a free period so we would sit and gossip. I sat next to Tyler and snuggled into his side. 

"Hey baby, Julia." Julia nodded and opened a textbook.

"Hey, Ty. Did you do the geography homework?" I asked. He pulled a crumpled piece of paper out of his bag and placed it in front of me. I kissed him as a sign of appreciation and copied his homework, changing the wording of course.