Mara ~ 24

I sat there, my lungs screamed for air as I coughed. I grasped my throat, feeling for the jagged cut, or the blood but there was nothing. I looked at the two people in front of me, they looked back at me. Pure shock and relief filled their faces.

Raph reached for my shoulders as he held them tightly. 

"Mara?" He asked as he looked at a surprised Damien.

I wasn't sure what to say. My memories were slightly foggy still. I remembered dying, the fear I felt. I remembered seeing my mother, and her explaining things to me but I couldn't remember what exactly. I looked between the two divine entities before me.

"Raph, Damien?" I asked trying to break the awkward silence.

"How is this possible?" Raph asked. I tried to speak but the dry, scratchiness of my throat stopped me. 

"My throat, I need a drink," I managed to croak out as I pushed Raph's hands off me.

I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of cold water. My eyes scanned the garden from the window, looking for Andras but he wasn't there. I will kill him, for Tyler, for my mother, for me. 

I then walked back into the living room and sat down, drinking the whole glass of water in one go. This was just what I needed.

"Mara, how the fuck are you alive?" Damien's dark voice erupted through the silence. I could sense the anger rolling off him in waves. 

"I met my mother, Lailah. She sent me back here. I don't know why. She said it was part of the process." I explained the best I could. Raph's eyebrows furrowed together.

"What process?" Raph asked as I looked at him and shrugged.

"I don't know. I just know that I wasn't meant to die then." I tried to explain again. 

Raph seemed to understand but Damien just frowned. I didn't know how else to say it. I told them all I knew, but Damien didn't seem to like that answer.

"Fuck you and your cryptic answers." He growled out as he stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him.

I watched him in shock. I had just died and this is how he reacts. What the fuck?

"Ignore him, Mara. He is just angry at himself." Raph tried to explain. 

"And? I just died." I said trying not to sound like a hurt puppy.

Raph's hand clasped mine in a form of comfort. I smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Mara, I should've tried but I didn't." Raph tried to explain but I cut him off.

"Raph, it's okay. I'm here now. Yes, I'm a little traumatised but I am fine." I laughed quietly. 

Raph laughed back and stood up. He pulled me up and hugged me. His hand stroked my hair as I snuggled into his chest.

"I'm so glad you are alive, Mara." He said into my hair. I squeezed him and pulled away.

"I need to go and sort myself out. I will see you later." Raph said as he walked towards the front door. I waved as he left. 

My skin prickled and the air grew cold. I looked around but there was no one there, again. I frowned and sat down, rubbing my arms.