CHAPTER 5: TROUBLE IN PARADISE

Nearly a month has passed since Leo, and I started dating. Everything still was secret, not even Lily or Piper figured it out, I think. Well, they did not bring it up anytime so yeah.

It was a quiet day today. Campers were practicing with swords, monsters howled in the woods and Mr. D was complaining about something. The Sky was blue with nearly no clouds.

"THIS GIRL IS ON FIRE!", Leo screeched, using a screwdriver as microphone. I was lying on the floor, laughing my butt off. From time to time, I would be working in Bunker 9 to spend time with him. Or as he said, I would be assisting him. (I, actually, was keeping him from screwing everything up.) It was a thing, that reminded me of the time I spent with dad working on his inventions in the workshop. Just like Leo, he blasted different songs from the stereo.

I was just brainstorming ideas, as Leo called me over.

"What's up fire brain?", I asked, holding on to the table with one hand and putting the other on my hips. On Leo's Workbench was... a gun?

"Is that my gun?", I pointed at the weapon.

"Maybe", Leo smirked.

"Why are you snooping around in my stuff? It was in my cabin".

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Lily gave it to me. I know that you wanted to have a gun, instead of a dagger. So, I fiddled around a bit, gave it an upgrade and made some bullets out of celestial bronze".

Next to the gun I noticed some magazines lying, filled with bullets, which shined in the light of the lamp.

"Oh my... Thanks", I did not know what to say. I pecked him lightly on the cheek as a 'Thank you'.

"What are you waiting for? Try them out", Leo encouraged me: "But not at me!"

I laughed, putting the magazine in and aiming at a training dummy, about 15 meters away from me. As I was about to pull the trigger; a panicked knock came from the big door of the bunker. Leo jumped up, I put the gun with a light frown down and laid it back on the table. He opened the door and Annabeth came rushing in. She panted heavily, putting her hand on her chest. I started to get worried: "Annabeth? Is everything alright?".

As I got to them, Annabeth said between breaths: "Philippa... Chiron needs you... Avengers".

I felt the colour fading from my face. My hands started to shake, and my breath started to get faster. Leo and I looked at each other, he nodded in support, and I started to run as fast as I can to the big house.

As I arrived in the main room, I saw Chiron, in his Centaur form, and Mr. D starring at the TV. Leo and Annabeth came rushing in after me. Chiron looked worried at me and directed his attention back at the TV. I followed his gaze and gasped. The screen showed the same scene I saw in my dream one night. But this time there were people running around, firefighters and paramedics getting in and out of the building.

"These pictures from Lagos, Nigeria last month happened after a confrontation between a group of mercenaries and the avengers", the news reporter stated with a neutral face I gasped, putting my hands over my mouth.

"According to local authorities, an individual named Wanda Maximoff triggered the explosion. Regional Reporters name her a 'monster' and 'out of control'. This raises the question: Are the Avengers really, as great of a help as they claim? "

She could not continue as I turned the TV off. A small stream of tears ran down my cheek, as I take a seat on the couch.

Annabeth kneeled next to me and placed one hand on my shoulder: "Are you alright?"