Chapter 5

I just want to start by saying thank you for all the kind words and patience guys. I didn't expect all this support. I also wanted to thank my friends for reading and helping me edit this knowing the characters or not. I'll admit it was hard to get back into writing but it feels good to have the creative juices flowing again. Also one more note the song is just what I imagine playing in the restaurant so play it if you like and Enjoy the story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The restaurant had low lighting and some jazz playing in the background. Everyone was conversing and eating without a care in the world. It was a little high class but nothing too fancy.

Jigen slid into the booth across from (Y/N) and lit a cigarette. "Miss (L/N) you have some major balls to be coming to me in broad daylight like this. So what is it you want to tell me?"

"How do I know you're not going to run out on me once I tell you? Why don't you answer my question first." (Y/N) crossed her arms.

"Listen Doll." Jigen sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose feeling a headache come on.

"(L/N)." Corrected.

"I don't think you know how this works. Right now you're at my mercy. And you're the one who came to me." Jigen pointed at her with his cigarette.

(Y/N) raised a brow "You promise to hold up your end then?"

"A deals a deal." Jigen puffed out a breath of smoke. "I promise to answer whatever question you have. But you only get one." He held up his pointer finger like he was talking to a child.

"Alright then. I wanted to tell you it's no use trying to break into my house again because there is no fortune." (Y/N) smiled smugly.

"We already know."

"What!" (Y/N) exclaimed.

"We already know you guys have no idea where it is because you would've had it from the get go in some bank or safe. Unfortunately that's not going to stop my boss from trying to find it." Jigen smiled as if he were inwardly chuckling "appreciate the heads up though Miss."

Defeated, (Y/N) slumped back into her seat and bit her thumbnail in thought. Lupin always delivers on his promises when it comes to his heists. So if Lupin was going to try to steal the missing fortune, it means he knew something she didn't. "So if Lupin the third is so sure there's a fortune that must mean it actually is in the house somewhere then."

"I thought you'd be more upset about this, but you seem to be taking it very well." Jigen lifted his hat a little trying to read her face.

"It is upsetting news, but you just helped me confirm the existence of the money."

"You're welcome I guess." Jigen shrugged.

"So I guess this brings me to my question. Why does Lupin only want to steal half of my Grandmères fortune? He already said he would take it once. Why go back now for less?"

Jigen lowered his hat again and hunched back into his seat. "I don't know if I can tell you that."

"Hey, you made a promise, Jigen."

"I know but I'm not sure if I'm at liberty to give you the details. Sorry but you're not getting a word from me."

"Then take me to Lupin." (Y/N) leaned onto the table a little.

"Ha! You're crazy if you think I'm taking you anywhere else." Jigen huffed a cloud of smoke.

"Just say I'm you're hostage or something."