Chapter 7

Chapter 7

 (Y/N) wiped the fog off the bathroom mirror and stared at her reflection. She stared into her own eyes as if she were trying to read her own thoughts. Her body was finally catching up with her tired mind. She dragged herself to her childhood bedroom and landed back onto her bed. She let out a sigh as she heard the Inspector bark orders outside in the driveway. She then drew her attention to the ceiling, taking deep breaths.

“What a day.” she huffed out. (Y/N) stood up feeling her aching legs underneath her. She wanted to forget about clothes and just sleep there in a towel, but her friend should be coming upstairs about now. She dug in her suitcase for pajamas and opted for a peach colored nightgown. 

“A bit old fashioned isn’t it?” Fleur walked in wearing a red long sleeved button up shirt with matching red pants made  of flannel material.

“It is the 70’s, people still wear these.” (Y/N) protested.

“Yeah if you mean 1870.” she laughed and sat on the bed. “Your brother is worried you know.”

“I know.” (Y/N) sighed and sat next to her.

“So what exactly happened in that restaurant? Who was that guy from the bar?”

“That is one of the men who’s trying to steal the family fortune. He says his name is Jigen but I’m not so sure if I believe him yet.” (Y/N) laid back and stared out the window.

“And you went with him?” Fluer turned her body to face (Y/N) “You could have gotten kidnapped or killed! I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the one who lured you into that death trap.”

“He saved my life in there Fluer!” (Y/N) sounded a little more defensive than she would’ve liked. She sighed. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to yell. He did save my life though. My thoughts are that he and his friends are only concerned with the money. As long as no one is in the way, no one gets hurt. That’s how most thieves are anyway.”

“That doesn’t mean that they can’t be dangerous either. Remember Greece?” Fleur took a hold of (Y/N) hand. “Whatever you’re planning, you need to stop.”

(Y/N) sat back up and took a hold of Fluers other hand. “I appreciate the concern, Mon Amie. I know what I’m doing though and I promise I’ll be safe.”

“(Y/N) this isn’t some archaeology or art expedition. You’re playing with fire and actively looking for trouble.”

“If anyone would know how to find treasure it’s Lupin the Third. I just want to find Grandmére’s money and figure out why she hid it. If I need a thief's help, then so be it. I promise nothing bad is going to happen to me.”

“There’s no convincing you otherwise.” Fleur sighed and stood up, “You really can be a pain. I’m going to get some tea, would you like some?”

“Yes, tea would be nice." (Y/N) admitted. Right before Fluer could walk out the door (Y/N) spoke up. "Fleur, wait!"

"Yes?"

"Thank you for everything. For taking care of me and talking to (B/N)."

Fleur smiled "pas de problème mon amie." She shut the door and walked away.

(Y/N) sighed and stared at the ceiling once more before her eyes started fluttering on the brink of sleep. Before she could let exhaustion take her body there was a knock on the window. (Y/N) jolted up with a new surge of adrenaline as she turned her attention to the window in question. Standing there on the second floor outside was Jigen wearing the suit and hat from earlier that day. 

 This man has some major balls to be here right now. She thought to herself as she stood up. She watched as Jigen turned his head to look over his shoulder looking for, who she assumed was the inspector guarding the house. She opened the window to let him in. "Are you crazy? This place is armed to the teeth with cops. If they see you we'll both be in trouble." She whispered harshly.