Chapter 1: Wish

A long time ago, before the Order of the Stone was first founded by Soren, before the Old Builders constructed the Portal Hallway, even before Romeo covered the first world in bedrock...there was a mountain. The Mountain of Mojang. A mystical one that constantly changed locations and defied the very laws of science and physics. An eternal ring of thunderclouds hovered above it like a deadly omen. Despite the various rumors and superstitions surrounding it, few men dared to climb up it, and even fewer ever returned. As in, none at all. It was considered one of the most dangerous places in the world.

That made it the perfect location to explore for a certain group of heroes. No, not the Order of the Stone, but a group that existed countless years earlier, even before the Old Builders. On a day that will change the rest of history forever, three people climbed up the mountain. Their names were Fred, Romeo, and Xara, and they were completely, utterly, without a shadow of a doubt, human. And they were after the Old Man of the Sky.

When the three of them first heard about the ancient wish granter living on top of the mountain, they were ecstatic. The group of friends was still young, naive, and had a thirst for adventure. Despite the unnerving stories of people climbing the mountain and never coming back, it only served to fuel their ambitions of becoming the first to do so.

After thousands of years being an Admin, one can go through remarkable changes in their lives, to the point of becoming completely different people. This definitely showed in how drastically different they were when they were still humans, when the burden of limitless power was not even in their minds and plaguing their every thought and nightmare...

Fred went through the least amount of changes during his new life as an Admin. As a human, he was still just as kind and sentimental as ever, but more naive and optimistic. He was also surprisingly the most adventurous one in the entire group, always eager to get his blood and adrenaline pumping every chance he got. As a result, he had a fondness for swordfighting, scary campfire stories, and riding roller coasters, the more dangerous the better.

Both Romeo and Xara went through the most changes after becoming Admins, though not for the better. As a human, Romeo was far from the tyrannical, narcissistic dictator he had become. He was a shy and introverted man who preferred to read about adventures in books rather than participating in them himself. He was decent at hand to hand combat, but always used combat and violence as an absolute last resort. He was also gentle, soft spoken, and had a craving for sweet things. It was hard to imagine that in the span of a few thousand years, he would become one of the most dangerous and powerful beings the world had ever seen.

Xara was also incredibly different from his cold, cynical, and destructive future self. As a human, she was very outgoing and had more friends than she could count, though she hung out with Fred and Romeo the most. It wasn't hard for her to make so many friends since she was practically a ray of sunshine, always seeing the best in people and wanting to make them laugh and smile. Her prevalent sense of humor and goofy demeanor often led people to mistake her for being simpleminded, but she could also be very observant when she wanted to.

The three of them quickly became inseparable friends. They also became famous heroes and performed exploits all over the world. It seemed like they would be the best of friends for the rest of their lives, and sadly, they believed it too. Unfortunately, like how the Order of the Stone was torn apart by Soren's lies, the command block, and the vanishing of Ramus and Lucy, or how the Old Builders were torn apart by the Games, Hadrian's greed, and the Redstone Heart, there was bound to be some event that would destroy their friendship forever. When the three friends first set foot on that mountain, their fates had already been sealed.

"Welp, there it is," Fred announced, staring at the temple with his hands placed on his hips. "Think the Old Man of the Sky lives there?" Romeo and Xara quickly caught up with him. Romeo, the physically weakest member of the group, had to stop and rest for a while, taking in as much air into his lungs as possible. Xara, on the other hand, was a boundless source of energy. She immediately sprung up and stood alongside Fred, forming binoculars with her hands and squinting at the temple. "Probably," she said, then began hopping on the balls of her feet. "Oh man, this is exciting! What do you think he's gonna be like? Ooh, maybe a genie? Oh, or maybe he's a wizard with a staff and a pointy hat and everything! Or maybe-!"