Epilogue

Alex was having a pleasant dream when she was suddenly woken up by a loud noise that made her scream and roll off her bed, falling to the ground with an audible oof. When she sat up, she saw a chicken standing on her windowsill, clucking loudly. Alex couldn't help but giggle at herself for being scared by a chicken of all things. She walked up to it, tsking loudly as if she was a schoolteacher about to reprimand a student. "Silly chicken," she said. "Don't you know it's rude to wake someone up like that?" The chicken only looked up at her with beady eyes and clucked again. Alex giggled again and rubbed the chicken's head with a finger. The chicken seemed to enjoy it and ruffled its feathers. Alex chuckled and shook her head, then gazed up at her clock. Her eyes grew wide when she saw how late it was.

"Oh shoot!," she yelled. "It's already noon. I'm gonna be late for Endercon!" She quickly changed out of her pajamas and put on her signature white shirt with a little daisy on it, as well as a pair of blue jeans. She was about to walk out of the door when she suddenly remembered something. Mentally berating herself for her forgetfulness, she quickly ran towards her chest and opened it, revealing a single small block of dirt lying at the bottom. She reached in and took the dirt block out, holding it close to her face. "Hello Billy!," she said cheerfully. "Did you sleep okay?" "..." "Are you ready for Endercon?" "..." "Great! Let's go!"

Putting the dirt in her pocket, she raced out the door. I hope my friends are there, she thought, slightly shivering at what they might do to her. I hope they'll forgive me for being late. After Alex raced out the door, the chicken waited until she was gone for good. Then, it hopped into the room, flapping its little wings to slow down its fall. Then, it looked around curiously with its beady eyes, clucking to itself. At first glance, it seemed to be just an ordinary little chicken, nothing out of the ordinary. Suddenly, the chicken was engulfed in a blinding, yellow light. Once the bright light had faded, an old man stood in its place. He had a bald head and a black beard, as well as a brown shirt and gray pants. It was the Old Man of the Sky himself, Notch. But what could an all powerful deity like him be doing in a young woman's house?

Notch slowly looked around the room, silently observing his surroundings. What an ordinary house, he thought curiously. He was honestly expecting...more. Still, the old man knew firsthand how appearances can be deceiving. He walked around the room, rummaging through Alex's chests and looking through her belongings. He eventually found a single bottle of milk, something that he hadn't drunk in eons. After a while, he slowly walked towards Alex's bed with the milk bottle in his hand. He stared at the bed for a moment, which still had Alex's imprint on it, then slowly turned around and sat on it, slightly going up and down to test its strength. He sat on the bed in absolute stillness, holding the milk in his hand while gazing out the window. After about an hour, he saw fireworks going off in the distance, no doubt from Jesse's little enderman statue. Notch smiled to himself, holding the bottle up to his face and swirling it around. With one look, the milk suddenly began to spoil and curdle until it was a rotten, gray mush.

After five hours, night had finally fallen. Crickets chirped from outside. In the distance, Notch could make out the blinking lights of Endercon, like a single lighthouse amidst a vast ocean of darkness. Suddenly, a loud roar emanated from that direction. A giant, black monster with tentacles and three heads floated into the air, growling and thrashing around. The Wither Storm. It began to suck up numerous victims with its tractor beams while grabbing others with its tentacles and bringing them to its mouths. After a while, the wither storm began heading towards an obsidian structure in the distance. Gabriel's fortress. That must mean that Alex and her friends are heading there right now. Notch chuckled and laid down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling in amusement. Yes, everything was going according to plan.

I have big plans in store for you, Alex, Notch thought, admiring the destructive spectacle unfolding in the distance. Ivor had really outdone himself. Very big plans. And no one is going to come between me and my goal. Not you, not Herobrine, not even you...Jeb.