4: Montagues & Capulets

"John B still as charming as ever. And still wearing those ridiculous Hawaiian shirts, didn't they go out of fashion in the 90s?" Sarah said coldly.

Kiara was now officially perplexed, not only do they all seem to know Sarah but they all seemed to hate her assuming the death glares they are giving her weren't out of love. But JJ was focused  on Kie trying to figure out why she was hanging out with the kook princess. Sarah had always hated JJ, he had know clue why since she hadn't ever bothered to even have a conversation with him. Yet every time they saw each other at parties or even in the streets she would always make sly comment and even flip him off if she was drunk enough.

"So you guys all come from the same school or?" Kie asked trying to break the icy tension forming.

"Sadly" Pope sighed, which caused Sarah to scowl at him.

"Ya'll are lucky I don't know anyone here." Kie said trying to turn the situation more positive but failing drastically.

"Yeah we were lucky" JJ said motioning between his friends. "But your new friend here, no luck or hard work needed was there princess? Why would you need to try when Daddy's money can grease a few wheels and get you just about anywhere." He continued bitterly.

"Bite me Maybank" Sarah snapped at him increasingly provoked.

"Not really my kind of kink sorry." He said falsely apologetic. This caused his two fiends to start laughing and even kie cracked a smile but soon hid it after she got a nudge from Sarah.

"Are you mad at her for being rich or am I missing something?" Kie said slightly defending Sarah.

"It's more of her looking down on us Pogues that's the issue." John B said.

"Whats a pogue?" Kiara felt like she was in one of those dreams where you go to school and have a test where you don't know any of the answers, she was always hated those dreams.

"We live in Outer banks, there are two tribes - one island. Theres the kooks people like Sarah here who are born into wealth and give no shits about the fact rest of us. Then there's Pogues we live on the cut, run down houses with no money, completely ignored and neglected. But we still manage to have the most fun."

Kie started laughing till she saw everyone looking at her puzzled.

"Come on you can't be serious you basically just summed up the Capulet's and Montague's in Romeo and Juliet." Pope looked impressed at the girl he didn't know the name of, whereas JJ looked lost.

"Oh we are serious, last summer storm Agatha hit and our power went out for 28 days. Meanwhile, the kooks went out and held parties with back up generators. Which we were forced to work at knowing our families were at home sat in the dark." Pope said shaking his head at Sarah.

 The kook princess looked at the ground upon his retelling of events avoiding lies unimpressed gaze, which told kie that JJ's friend was telling the truth. She was starting to understand the divide now. 

"Don't act like you didn't do anything bad that summer either you and JJ sunk Topper's boat." Sarah fired back.

"After he assaulted me!"Pope fired back.

Sarah's blame game caused an explosion as her and the tall, toned boy with thick caramel hair began getting up in each other face; the other boy was dark skinned and more lanky attempted to mediate by trying to keep his friend and Sarah from ripping each others throats out.

Kie walked away from the group slightly trying to avoid getting dragged into the very heated argument especially because:  1. this was definitely none of her business, 2. it looked like it will be a lengthy argument and most important  3. her arms might drop off if she holds the damn bag for any longer. She looked up and realised JJ was staring at her instead of joining the battle behind him, as they made eye contact he walked over to her as he ran his hand through his hair. She noticed him do it a few times, it must be some sort of anxious reflex.