Chapter 2

(3rd POV)

The next day was the last test for the raisymathings.

Shadis: "Eren Jaeger, are you ready?"

Eren: "Yes!" Everyone watched him.

Shadis: "Begin." He raised in the air and was able to stay there for a moment before falling back.

(Y/n): "You know, for that belt being broken, you did good Eren." The others looked at him confused as Shadis walked over.

Shadis: "Put him down. Wagner, change belts with Jaeger." (Y/n) smirked as the belt was changed. This time he was able to stay steady and not fall. "Your equipment was defective. The fitting on your belt was damaged. I've never heard of this part getting damaged. I'll have to add it to the maintenance checklist." The crowd marvels at Eren's achievement. 

Eren: "So did I pass?"

Shadis: "You're fine." 

(Timeskip)

Shadis: "You're too slow! Run, you laggards! What's wrong, Arlert? You're falling behind! Is it too heavy for you? Will you be the one guy to remove his equipment? If this were a real fight, you'd be titan food by now!"

Armin: "Damn it."

Reiner: "Give me that." He grabbed Armin's gear for him. "At this rate we'll fail out. We're being graded on this exercise."

Armin: "If you do that, you'll lose points, as well."

Reiner: "Just don't let them find out! And don't make me change my mind!"

Shadis: 'Reiner Braun. A strong soldier, physically and mentally. And trusted by his comrades.'

Armin: "I will not slow everyone down, even if it kills me!" Armin than grabs his bag back and runs up farther ahead to not slow everyone down.

Shadis: 'Armin Arlert. While lacking in physical strength, he's demonstrated an extraordinary aptitude for his studies.' Now three people cut through the napes of titan cutouts. 'Annie Leonhart. Her strike form is flawless, but she works poorly with others and tends to isolate herself. Bertolt Hoover. He has great potential, but lacks initiative. Jean Kirschstein. A master of the 3D Maneuver Gear, but his brash personality causes friction with the team.'

Jean: "I can't strike as hard as those to so I'll have to find the titan first!"

Connie: "Thanks Jean! I was right to follow you!" Sasha cheers as she zips around the area.

Shadis: "Sasha Blause. She has unconventional, good instincts, but they make her unsuited to teamwork. Connie Springer. He demonstrates superior physical agility, but lacks mental agility.' Now it was Mikasa, Eren and (Y/n)'s turn to show their worth. Mikasa cut deep, Eren cut less deep, and (Y/n) decided to show off a bit of his power decapitated the thing. 'Mikasa Ackerman. A master of all subjects, and widely considered one of the best in our history. Eren Jaeger. He has no outstanding talents, but he's worked harder than anyone to improve his marks. And he is more motivated to attain his goal than anyone. (Y/n) (L/n). The strongest one here without a question. While he lacks in the speed department he makes up for it in incredible stamina.' (Y/n) speeds up a bit and catches Mikasa.

(Y/n): "Say, do you think anyone has seen a decapitated titan before?" She just glances at him. "Cause now I'm curious."

(Timeskip)

(Y/n) POV)

After my decapitation festival we were set to do hand-to-hand combat. Oh goody. I was bored after beating everyone who challenged me so I was just walking around and watching the others. I spotted Annie being spoken to by a blonde who's name I can't remember.