Chapter 3

(Y/n) POV)

The next day the main force of the Survey Corps arrived.

Random person in crowd: "Commander Erwin, kill the titans for us!"

'They definitely changed their mind from the last time I saw this."

Simp: "Look, it's Captain Levi! They say he's as strong as an entire brigade."

Levi: "Shut up." It was quiet, but it made me chuckle.

'I think I'm gonna like this manlet.'

Eren: "This is totally different than five years ago. There are so many people who have high hopes for the Survey Corps!"

Fodder: "Everyone's cheered up. There haven't been any problems for five years."

Next Meal: "And they've improved the fixed cannons. Maybe the big titans won't come again."

Fodder: "Right!"

Eren: "You can't seriously believe that, you stupid lovebirds!"

Fodder: "You think we're a happy couple." This got them both flustered.

Next Meal: "You're getting ahead of yourself, Eren!" Eren was getting annoyed and I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Leave them be. When the time comes, they won't be thinking like that anymore." I whispered to him.

Hannes: "Hey, you guys!"

Eren: "Hannes!"

Hannes: "I heard you graduated yesterday. Hard to believe you're the little kids I remember."

Eren: "What about you? You've gone from a drunk to a captain of the combat engineers." He then flicked Eren on the forehead.

Hannes: "Listen to you... I'm still sorry I wasn't able to save your mother."

Eren: "It wasn't your fault, Hannes. We aren't ignorant anymore. I'll never let anything that sad happen again. We will defeat the titans."

'And you just jinxed it.' We began to leave before Eren randomly decided to start running. "Mikasa." She looks over at me with a hum. "I don't believe I apologized myself, and since Eren ran, his apology will have to wait." She looks at me a little confused.

Mikasa: "Why would you need to apologize?"

"I'll tell you three the full story later when there's less people... but I could've saved your mother. The thing is, I was a little worried to reveal the power I had to the world. I still haven't except for when I tried to save your mother. I almost did, but she died in my arms not long after I got her out of the titans grasp. I thought you'd all hate me, and I was fine with that. I'm used to being hated anyway, but that's besides the point. You all didn't do that. So thank you for that. Now if you don't mind me... I won't ever be this sappy again." Armin laughed while I noticed a very small smile form on Mikasa's lips.

(Timeskip)

Eren: "What?! You're joining the Survey Corps? Connie, you were so eager to join the Military Police!"

Connie: "I was, but..."

Hot food: "Your speech yesterday affected him."

Connie: "Shut up! It was my own decision!"

Blonde food: "It isn't just you."

Eren: "Thomas..." So that's his name. "You can't..."

Sasha: "Um, everyone... I brought meat from the officers' storehouse." I just starting laughing while the others were worried.