23: Drastic Measures

Axl's POV:

I pouded my fist on the door to the other hotel room. We were split between two of them. One with me and Izzy, and one with Slash, Duff, and Steven. Duff opened the door. "What's the matter with you?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. "Do you know what time it is?"

"Have you seen or heard from Lucy? I can't find her anywhere, and she's not answering my calls."

"She's probably just mad at you. You did kinda yell at her yesterday."

"I thought she was trying to get with Izzy! I was an idiot! I can't fucking call her to tell her that because she won't answer me!" I slammed my fist against the door frame.

"I don't know how to help you. She hasn't told us anything." He crossed his arms. "But I'll let you know if she does."

While he was of absolutely no help, it wasn't entirely his fault. I wandered back to my room. My suitcase was open, and sitting there on top of it was the Bible that Lucy had given me. Desperate for some sort of clue, I wandered over to it. One of the pages was dogeared down, so I flipped to it. On that page, on of the verses were highlighted.

'Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.' "Alright," I sighed. "Alright, you've got me down on my knees." I folded my hands and looked up at the ceiling. "Hey, uh, God? I'm not really sure if you know me, but, uh, you know Angel-face. Or, I guess you'd call her Lucy. Something happened between us. I sorta freaked out and made her leave. But I can't find her, and while I don't know that I believe in you, she sure as hell did, and I figured that you might be able to help? Just... Let her know that I'm sorry." I was beginning to feel stupid, but I was desperate. "Please make her come back to me. I miss her." I pause a beat. "Uh, Amen." I looked up expectantly, hoping to see a golden beam or something coming down from above. I saw nothing.

Since prayers don't work immediately apparently, I figured my last resort was just going back to Los Angeles to find Lucy myself.

Lucy's POV:

A man ran up to me, tapping me on the shoulder. Although I was in Heaven, my heart still ached, tears still stained my face, and I felt a great weight on my shoulders. "Yes?" I asked him.

"God requests your presence," he said. "He told me to tell you that it was urgent."

I furrowed my brow, confused. Things that I'd never felt in Heaven before were suddenly apparent to me. It was like I was still on Earth. "Yes, of course."

I wandered over to where I knew that God was. "You needed me?" I asked.

"You've held up your end of the bargain," He said.

"I'm not following."

"Axl believed a verse of the Bible before two months were over. And he also told me to tell you that he's sorry. He misses you very much."

I stared at Him dumbly. "Axl Rose believed a verse of the Bible? The Holy Christian Bible?"

"Yes. Now you may go back to Earth until the end of your time."

"I can die?"

"Well you can now. I'm making you mortal." He held out his hands. "This is what you asked for. I'm a god of my word.

And then I was falling down, down, down.

I opened my eyes, surprised to find that I was back in my bed. Dim string lights illuminated the otherwise pitch black room. I sat up, rubbing my arms. "Angel-face!" Axl called. "Are you here?"

I opened my bedroom door, and he threw his arms around me. "You scared me so bad," he said. He pulled away from me, keeping his hands on my shoulders. "Why didn't you answer my calls?"

"I wasn't here," I explained. "I went back to Heaven. I thought that you were done with me."

"What? No, baby, no. I would never be-," he stopped, "I'm so sorry."

"You brought me back. You believed."

He snorted. "You're telling me that you came back on a prayer?"

"Not sure what Bon Jovi has to do with it, but yes," I joked. He laughed again. I planted a small kiss on his lips. "I didn't mean to scare you."

He ruffled my hair lightly. "Just because I freak out, it doesn't mean I want you gone. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you." He looked me over once more. "The dress did look gorgeous on you, and I'm glad that you wanted to surprise me."

I smiled gently. "All is forgiven." My eyes went wide when I suddenly started thinking. "Oh, you've gotta get back!" I started pushing him towards the front door. "You'll miss your tour. I'll come out and visit you in a little bit!" I promised him this, blowing him a kiss goodbye.

Instead of that being it, he pulled me against him in a tight hug once again. He pressed a soft kiss to my forehead. I was enjoying it, taking him all in. The scent of his cologne and vodka mixing as they went through my nose, and the feeling of his warm arms around me. "I thought that you were dead," He whispered.

"I wouldn't die on you without saying something first," I sighed gently. Despite the fact that I was brushing it off, I could feel that he was serious. "I won't run away again."

He let me go, holding out his left pinky. "Promise me you won't?" He asked. I quirked my head before linking my pinky with his, guessing that's what he wanted. When he smiled, I nodded. We unhooked pinkies. "Good. Now I've got a tour to return to."