BOUND TO - chapter 6

Y/Ns POV: Monday

So, today is my first day at the new bar. After replying to the weirdly short response back from the boss, he asked me to start working almost straight away. I'm still not quite sure what his name is. Yesterday was spent buying new clothes and sorting myself out, ready for today. I'm needed everyday except Wednesdays and Sundays, 6pm- finish. I'm guessing 'finish' will be around 10pm ish, or on Fridays and Saturdays, a bit later. Pretty good if you ask me. It's currently 5:30 and i'm finishing off with my hair. I've decided to straighten it, knowing if i curl it, the curls will most likely just fall out. I'm wearing my black Steve Madden boots, paired with black tights and a burgundy body con dress with long sleeves. By the time i'm finished, the taxi man sends me a message to say that he's outside, so i grab my keys and phone and leave for the bar.

As i arrive, i smile to see no que up to the door like there was on Friday. I know it's a Monday, but i'm glad because I don't particularly want to be working a busy ass shift on my first day. I pay the taxi man and climb out of the car, thanking him as he drives off. Taking in a deep breath, i nervously walk to the door and push it open, being instantly greeted by a very excited Elena.

E: Hey! It's you!

Y: It's me!

I giggle as she embraces me in a tight hug, getting a strong scent of incense waft off her. When she pulls away, she introduces me to Danielle, Freya and Jess, the other three bar maids. I smile at them all and say my hellos before taking a black apron off Elena, one that just ties around my waist, and put it on. I grab a pen and order pad and slip them into the pouch of the apron, making sure i'm ready to take orders. I look around the room, noticing only an old couple at the end booth drinking beer, and a group of middle aged men at another table.

D: Weekdays in the day don't get too busy, but after 6 ish, a lot of the middle aged men come in to have a few beers. A few party book ins here and there. Weekends are the real deal, club nights and dancing, which i'm sure you already know, since you where here Friday night Elena tells me?

Y: Yes, i was, it was great fun. Sounds good to me, I'm just happy to start working.

D: You not have a job before then? I mean, you're in your twenties right? Why didn't you have a job?

E: Danielle, that's enough. You don't have to answer that.

Elena turns to me and places a hand on my arm in sympathy. She doesn't know me, but it's like she could sense that it wasn't something i wanted to share with anyone just yet. I smile at her and look down, a little embarrassed.

D: Sorry, i didn't mean to pry.

Y: Don't worry about it.

Danielle awkwardly walks away and before Elena can say anything else, a couple of women walk through the door.

Y: I got it.

Elena nods. As i take the order of drinks, two gin and tonics, Elena talks me through how to make everything and where everything is kept.

It's now 8 o'clock and the bar has livened up ever so slightly. I'm already getting the hang of knowing where everything is and how to make different cocktails and other drinks. I place my apron on the side as i head for my hour break in the staff room. I walk through the corridor, passing a rather tipsy lady as she comes out of the toilet, and go to push open the staff door. To my dismay, i wiggle the handle a few times to find that the door is locked. I sigh and turn around to go find Elena to ask where the key is, but as i turn, i hit something hard and fall back into the door that I've just failed to open.

Y: OW!

I rub my arm and look up at the object that i just bumped into. A familiar pair of piercing eyes look down at me, a smug grin accompanying them. I've seen this man before. Wait... Is it the guy i saw in the booth the other night? No, it can't be, can it? My mouth parts slightly as my breath is taken away at the sight of him. A inhale a strong scent of sweet aftershave, mixed with a tinge of tobacco. The guy doesn't move for a moment, just stares at me intensely with his emerald green eyes that i can see more clearly now, before moving his right arm around me. He slightly moves towards me as he does so, making me move back so i'm colliding with the door once more.

Ashers POV:

I reach my right arm around her, unlocking the door that i just watched her struggle to open. I've been watching her secretly for the whole night, watching her serve grumpy old men and ungrateful women, but she still kept a smile on her face the whole time. I actually just came to use the toilet, but i want to use this opportunity to make myself known to her. Her face scans my face, trying to think where she has seen me before. I just smile, liking the fact that she has no idea that i'm her boss. I push the door open behind her and she slightly stumbles back but manages to stay on her feet. I chuckle softly.

A: You're welcome.

And with that, i leave her guessing. I hear a faint 'thank you' in the background as i walk away and out through the bar. I'll still be watching her tonight, but from home on the laptop. That's the pros of having the bars cameras linked to my laptop. I'm probably taking this a bit far, but i'm enjoying this little game.