BOUND TO - chapter 34

A: Hey angel?

His nickname for me catches me off guard and my heart skips a beat. I look at him as he keeps his eyes on the road in front, his hands gripping tight to the wheel, exposing his veins...

Y: Yeah?
A: Thank you. For everything. You had my back even though I was a complete prick to you, which, I am yet to apologise for. I meant none of it...
Y: I know. It's okay.
A: No, it's not. I hate the way I hurt you, I never want to do that to you, ever. You deserve only the best, and, I don't know if that's me, I really don't think it is... but....
Y: Ash stop. You are what's best for me! I've never felt more alive than I do with you.

He finally averts his eyes from the road to look at me with a soft frown. I can see he is feeling bad right now, but I have never felt this way about anyone before. But I can't think about my feelings right now, this man's a mess. He's just killed his own mother, I have no idea what's going through his head right now.

We sit in silence for the rest of the drive, not really knowing what to say. I sit in pain, beginning to feel super tired and drowsy. As we arrive back to Ash's place, we meet Mason at the front door.

M: let's finally get you in home man.

He unlocks the door as I rub my arm, the cool wind breezing past us. It's about 5 o'clock now, and I'm super tired. Definitely just going to have food and then go to bed, the shower can wait til the morning.

We stroll in, and I begin to feel a little dizzy.

Y: Ash...

He stops in his tracks, Mason doing the same. I look at them in confusion as I feel myself go weak. Before I can hit the ground, Ash rushes to my side holds me in his arms on the floor.

M: what's going on?! Y/N?

I hear Ash trying to calm me as he checks my body for wounds.

A: Shit...
Y: What?

I look up at his face as tears fall down my cheek onto his lap. He pulls my jumper up a little bit and looks to Mason In worry.

A: Call Brad now!!!
Y: Ash, what's going on... who's Brad?

He cups my face with shaky hands as Mason rushes out of sight.

A: it's okay baby, we're going to get you patched up...

I frown and lift my head weakly to see what they're both worrying for. My eyes widen as I see the piece of wood sticking in to my side. It must have been from when I fell onto the deck chair...

Y: SHIT! How the fuck did I not notice that!
A: the adrenaline must have averted your attention from the pain... Shit, this is all my fault.

I woozily reach my hand up to his distressed face and frown as the pain starts to kick in.

Y: don't you dare...

He kisses my forehead as Mason rushes back in holding his phone.

M: He's on his way.
Y: Who?
A: Brads my best paramedic. I hired him a few years ago when I started doing tougher business deals. He's going to fix you up love, I promise.

Ash looks to Mason now.

A: He better, or he's a dead man.

I would so tell him off right now, but the pain is becoming unbearable and I feel myself falling into an abyss of discomfort. I hear Ash trying to keep me awake as I close my eyes and enter darkness.

~~~

Ashers POV:

B: She'll be okay, she just needs to rest.
A: Boy am I glad to hear that... I don't know what I would've done if she...
M: Hey, don't even go there. She's fine.

I'm crouched next to the sofa where I settled Y/N down a couple of hours ago. Brad managed to numb the area of the wound on her left side before removing the piece of wood and stitching her up. The wood didn't go all the way through, so it was a bit nerve wracking to watch.

B: she lost a lot of blood, so she'll need to drink a lot of water when she wakes up.

I hold her hand, not able to tear my eyes away from her beautiful face as she sleeps. I still can't believe she's actually mine... but all I seem to do is hurt her. I should've just kept my distance and watched from afar when I first laid eyes on her...

She stirs awake and a soft frown plasters her face. A slightly more rosier colour now to my relief.

A: Hey angel.

I give her a small smile as she turns her head to face me more. She smiles back and then looks down at her bandaged waist.

Y: Am I okay?
M: Fit as a fiddle.

I throw Mason a look of displeasure at his choice of words. I feel even more protective of her now, and the slightest things are already getting on my nerves. He laughs a little and leaves the room.

She tries to sit up and winces so I gently push her back down to rest.

A: Hey, you need to stay still, the stitching is still fresh.
Y: It hurts Ash...

Hearing her say that breaks my heart. I blame myself.

A: I know, I'm sorry.

I stand and pace the room to stop myself from getting angry. Not at her, but at myself, and my father for starting all of this shit.

Y: please, please can you carry me to bed.

I look over at her delicate body and reach her side almost straight away. I lift her as gently as I can, I can tell she's in pain, but she tries to hide it from me.

I slowly carry her to her room, but as I reach her door she shakes her head.

Y: no, I'd like to stay with you tonight. If that's okay.

I smile down at her in my arms and kiss her head.

A: Of course.