BOUND TO - chapter 32

Ashers POV: Wednesday

I wake up feeling like shit. I didn't sleep much last night, I couldn't. That lab was peaking my curiosity. I sit up and stretch before looking out at the most boring garden ever to exist.

*knock knock*

My head spins round to the door, expecting to see my unwanted father, but instead I'm taken back... the person I least expected to see, was standing in my doorway.

A: mum?

I'm shocked, and for once, quite speechless.

L: my darling.

She steps towards me, arms open wide. I let her embrace me, only for a second, and then I realise how much hatred I still feel towards her for leaving me. I push her off me with a frown and a light scoff, and she just stares at me gone out, like she was expecting a different reaction off me.

A: No! You do not get to just waltz in here and act like everything's okay!

L: Asher, my baby, we can work things out...

A: Stop!

She puts down her arms and I turn my back to her.

L: fine, guess that makes my job easier...

I frown in confusion, and as I turn to face her, a sharp needle hits my arm as she injects me with the same substance I saw in the lab. So she's behind it... my own mother.

A: fuck you.

I manage to growl before blacking out.

Y/Ns POV:

After pacing around for a good 10 minutes waiting for Mason, I finally give up and decide to do things my own way. I run upstairs and grab the photo of Ash's dog, and a pistol from his bedside drawer. I'm doing this on my own, no one else needs to get hurt. I don't care if they're on high alert, the idea is to get caught anyway.

I rummage through the top drawer in the kitchen for some car keys. Thank the lord they have more than one car, or id be walking my way to get Ash.

Running out the door with a racing heart, I start my journey. It doesn't take too long, and I'm magically there. That whole car journey was a blur.

I climb out of the car with a deep breath and creep my way round the back of the house, eyes wide looking out for any guards. I spot one, but he seems to just be lounging on the deck chair with his eyes closed. I'm making a run for it, I'm not waiting any longer.

I manage to swiftly enter through the back door and into the kitchen without a peep from the guy on the deck chair. I keep my breathing steady, although I'm really panicking right now. This is so unlike me...

Carrying on, I enter the hallway, remembering most of the area from when I was here the last time, making it easier for me to find places to dodge into if needed. I rush towards the basement and find that there are no lights on, and it's too quiet. Where the hell is he? Have they moved him? I start to stress out but try and remain focussed, nows not the time to freak.

I tiptoe out of the basement and towards the hallway, seeing a door slightly open with a blue light coming out of it. Intrigued, I walk to the door and peek in. I frown with confusion as I see multiple test tubes with some sort of chemical inside them? What the hell is this? A door slamming behind me makes me jump and I rush to hide behind one of the desks. I hear a clip clop of heels that stop in the same room I'm in. For a moment there's silence and I think I've gotten away with it, until the woman speaks...

L: Child, I know you're in here. Get up.

I screw my face up in annoyance and hold onto the gun tightly in my pocket. I stand slowly, facing lily who is folding her arms and raising her eyebrows at me.

Y: how did you know I was here?

L: we have cameras all over this house honey, you wouldn't have gotten away with it if you tried.

I scold myself mentally, but when I come to think of it, being caught is exactly what I wanted.

L: come with me. Now.

Lily pulls out her gun and points it at me intimidatingly. I do what she says and move slowly out from behind the desk and towards her. She shoves me in front of her and guides me with a strong hand to my shoulder. I'm guided to the kitchen as three men follow us in, all armed. Lily pats me down and removes the gun from my pocket, chucking it to the side.

Y: where's Ash?

L: oh, he'll be downstairs soon, don't you worry.

I frown at the devilish smile on her face.

Y: what have you done?

L: you should be asking, what is he going to do?

On que, Ash walks in, dressed in his black trousers and a navy T-shirt. A shot of excitement fills my heart, that is, until I see his eyes. Dormant, and cold. He's been compromised again...

I glare at Lily with hatred boiling inside of me.

Y: you use that blue stuff don't you? The shit in the lab? It's all you?!

L: congratulations, you've got me.

The men walk to the side of the room and Lily walks to whisper in Ash's ear.

L: kill her.

She winks at me before standing to the side with the men. I gasp as my heart rate speeds up. I've got this... I can bring him back, I've got this, right?

Authors note:

I'm back guys! Well, I don't know how long for but I am trying to write again! Stay patient with me haha. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)