Chapter 2

Violent Delights was like a home away from home for Becky—or perhaps a home away from home away from home, since living in England would never feel quite natural to her. No matter how long she spent away from it, Ireland would always be her heart's home, but she understood why Finn wanted the pack to have a solid base on English soil. In general, though, she had fond memories of the fight club. She had met good friends there, found new packmates there, even fought there herself before settling in at an independent promotion. And she had first encountered Seth there, of course. Conducting business there felt odd now, though. She was so used to being at Violent Delights in Finn's shadow, whether she was literally at his side or acting as his proxy, that making all the decisions for herself made it an entirely different experience.

When Seth had dropped her off, she had noticed him checking out the other vehicles, no doubt trying to figure out which one might be Jon's. Since she was doing the same, she could hardly blame him. She didn't want to linger, though, so she went to the entrance and knocked; though the club was open in the morning, it was usually by appointment only. The male fairy who opened the door was shorter than her, but she knew that didn't mean anything; he was easily over five hundred years old and had no problems reminding others of that. "You're here for the wrestle wolf?" he asked, voice thick with an accent from a French dialect that hadn't been spoken in centuries.

"Jon Moxley?" Becky didn't even know Jon that well, but because of Seth, she found herself wanting to call him Dean. "Yes, Davide. Has he arrived?"

The fairy bowed deeply and let her in, promptly locking the door behind her. Supernatural hunters were rare in the area, but no one wanted to give them an easy target. "Yes. He is sitting in the loft. He ordered very much for breakfast," Davide added with a hint of disdain, "but then again, his wife is also very pregnant."

Becky had heard of men gaining so-called sympathy weight when their partners were pregnant, so she assumed Davide's comment was along those lines. It wasn't until she climbed the rickety spiral stairs and saw two people at the table that she realized the fairy was actually being literal, not cryptic. "Hi," Becky said quietly, not wanting to interrupt the couple.

Renee hopped to her feet and went over to greet Becky. "Hi. I'm Renee. It's nice to meet you." As she held out her hand to shake, she added, "I know our stints in WWE must have overlapped, but I don't think our paths crossed. I'd definitely remember the accent."

"And the hair, I'm sure," Becky added with a laugh, shaking Renee's hand. "I'm Becky."

As she sat back down, Renee turned to the side a bit to get a better angle, and Becky also got a better look at her baby belly; from the front, it wasn't too noticeable. "I'm guessing Jon never told you I was coming. Is it okay if I sit in?" Renee asked, tearing another strip off her cinnamon roll.

"Of course it's fine." Jon motioned to the empty seat across from them and watched Becky as she sat. "We're a package deal, babe. There's no me without you."

Becky gave a small shrug as she looked at the menu. Understanding that meetings held on the premises were often sensitive in nature, Violent Delights allowed remote ordering by phone, with the items delivered by something not unlike a dumbwaiter. "It's fine by me," Becky replied. "You're married, you know he's a werewolf and you help keep that secret, and you're having his kid. You're invested too. How far along are you, if you don't mind my asking?"

Renee beamed and patted her belly. "Oh, somewhere between this is never-ending hormone hell and I never want to be more than five minutes away from a hospital," she joked. "I mean, I love it. It's amazing and it's the best thing I've done in the world, but I'm also ready for it to be over."