Chapter 9

As Seth opened the door to his unofficial second home, he felt his worlds colliding, combining. It had been surreal enough having Becky in his Iowa home and his bed, even if the lack of pets made it feel slightly off. Roman's guest house was another story. It was probably a truer representation of him anyway, and he usually ended up spending more time there than in Davenport. He couldn't see Becky ever wanting to live in Iowa because of the winters, but Florida? He might be able to convince her of that, especially given how much she had loved Los Angeles. It meant a lot to take her to Iowa, but somehow this felt so much better.

"So," he said, motioning her inside, "this is my second home, but I'm usually here more than I am up in Iowa." Since Becky hadn't complained about his Davenport home, Seth's nerves were far calmer this time around. He set their bags just inside the door because he didn't want to miss her reactions.

"I got that impression, Uncle Seth." Becky's smile was both bright and bashful. Unlike her hesitation with Holly, Seth could tell she felt much more at ease with Roman and his family. Whether that was because Roman was a werewolf, he wasn't sure. "This place is really nice. Nicer than the apartment I had when I first moved to the States, that's for sure."

The guest house wasn't huge, but Seth gave her a quick tour. "Patio doors. Always handy after a shift when door handles are hard to use. The kids are used to wolves, obviously, so feel free to shift. The neighbours think Roman has some Malamutes, so if they happen to catch a glimpse of you," he added, "you don't have to worry."

Becky set the stack of borrowed bikinis on the dresser when they reached his bedroom and shook out one of the tops. "My god. I mean, I could tell by looking at her that we're obviously... not the same size, but...." She held the top in front of face and it almost eclipsed her. "Well, on the bright side, I won't have to worry about showing too much."

Seth tossed the top towards the bed and kissed her. "You could model—"

A knock at the guest house's front door startled them both. "Just me," Roman called out. "I wanted to bring over Becky's phone before I forgot."

Seth rolled his eyes. "Of course he did," he muttered. He and Becky both returned to the front room and he opened the door slowly, shooting Roman a death glare.

Roman smiled innocently as he handed Becky the phone, as well as a key for the guest house. "Pretty straightforward. I have the code as 1234 for now, but you should change that. Add whatever apps you want; I can take them off later. If you have questions, just ask." Turning back to Seth, he smirked and added, "We want to get the kids calmed down a bit, but we're coming out to the pool in an hour if you'd like to join us."

"An hour, you say?" Seth wrapped an arm around Becky's waist. "We can probably be ready by then."

"I thought you'd appreciate a time frame," Roman chuckled. "Becky, I hope you like the guest house. If you want to get away from this mutt, you're more than welcome to stay in the main house. There's tons of room and you would make a certain little girl exceptionally happy."

Seth started shutting the door. "Don't use the kids card on her. Joelle can hang out with her later."

When the door was shut—and locked—Becky looked up at Seth. "But I didn't get a full tour. Where the bathroom is and—"

"Later." Seth set the timer on his phone for forty-five minutes—Better safe than sorry, he thought—and led her back to the bedroom. "We have to find a bikini for you, remember?" He had his hands halfway up her shirt before Becky took over and pulled it over her head. He had her bra off not long after and tumbled them both onto the bed, kissing his way down her throat.

"The bikinis are over there," Becky sighed, pointing to the dresser with one hand and sliding the other into his curls as he licked her nipple.

With a sigh, Seth moved back and went to grab the pile, dropping the bottoms for the top Becky had already discarded on the way back. "The tiger print's probably a no-go too," he said, setting it on the bedside table. "Too bad. Orange is your colour."