Mini-Chapter: Only Allies

Star: What now?! For fucks sake WHAT NOW!? Anyone have any ideas??!

Everyone stays silent, not saying much. I groan as I feel my forehead, with Veronica crying off to the side. Raiko and Clark continue trying to calm her as Infinite talks to Francis, Crystal, and a few others. Turco walks to me and grabs my shoulder firmly.

Turco: This is something that I need you to answer, got it?

Star: What is it?

Turco: The hell is this thing, and how do we beat it?

Star: Look, I need time to fucking think! It's been a few months, maybe a year! I don't remember because I've been trying to live life!

Turco grabs my throat and shoves me down, forcing me to roll back and behind my head.

Turco: You gotta be kiddin' me... I swear, this is something I need to know! You haven't even explained anything to those who are new to this!

He acknowledges people like Uni, Lexi, Laura, and multiple others who were absent. I sigh and summon a spiraling tendril, which reveals a model of an entity when it opens.

Star: This is a Devoluter.

Infinite: Star, what does that have to do wi-

Star: The corpses are all missing from The Abyss.

Infinite stops his sentence, and cocks his head.

Infinite: What do you-

Star: Look. The Devoluters are back. I don't know what to say. We need to stop them all before they attack and destroy EVERYTHING. They are easy to kill, but we need to destroy Tar'urvant and Ancient Tar'urvant.

Crystal shudders and softly cries to herself for a second, remembering Ancient Tar'urvant and Matticus.

Star: Look, this is the end of it all. I don't know what their plan was with Comet all those years ago, either... remember how they wanted him?

Infinite: A... a bit, yes.

Star: Perhaps he is the successor? The one to be next in line for the next generation of sentient life to be made from a big bang, or burp, situation?

Infinite thinks for a second... he nods and sighs after a minute or so.

Star: For now, we plan. If you guys see ANY Devoluters, I need you to kill them immedietly. Infection rates of the Devoluter Flu... no... The-

Infinite: T-Virus?

Star: As cheesy as it sounds, no that'd be copyrightable-

Infinite: I tried-

Star: I mean The New Species Plague, or NSP. It will kill you immedietly, so be fucking careful.

Crystal: Star...?

Star: ?

Crystal: What... what'll happen to us?

I sigh.

Star: We need to make it so we all will be safe and NSP-free. Get SMG4 and the others to talk to FM and X. They need to set Martial Law up.

Everyone nods, as Veronica cries into Raiko's shoulder. I walk over to talk to the three.

Star: Veronica..?

Veronica does not answer, continuing to cry.

Clark: We're devasated, Star... what do you think will happen to Luna!?

Star: She's being controlled... and this is different than when the Crossroads were a thing...

Clark: So you can bring her back?

Star: ... With the help of an old friend, maybe...

Clark: Who?

Star: Someone by the name of...

???: Hey, Ange? We have a guest.

The chair cracks as the body moves up, snapping it's tendants as it gets to it's feet, revealing itself.

Ange: ... Who?

Carlos walks forward, and sighs, having not changed at all.

Carlos: It's someone who calls themselves "A man of matter and will.".

Ange ponders, and looks up to see a man with tendrils from his back, smiling.

Matticus: Good day, Angenia, Carlos...