XVIII

SHELINA

After posting the stories from my babysitting of Charlie, I head out to my car, feeling my phone buzzing in my bag

I take it out, only to smile at the Instagram notification:

rosella_ayane replied to your story: I don't know who is the cutest.

My heart starting to beat faster, I double-click on her message, liking it in the process. When I hear the notification ringing in my ears, I frown and look up from my phone: someone was leaning against my car, her arms crossed against her chest and a smile on her lips. She was wearing my sunglasses I gave her in Dubai, obviously waiting for me.

When I stop right in front of her, she smirks. 

"Hi" she slowly says in a deep voice.

This simple word gave me shivers from head to toes - all that in a second only.

"Hi you" I respond, trying to keep a straight face - well, we all know that was already dead, right?

"What are you doing right now?" she asks, confident.

"I was heading back home to eat, but other than that..." I start, raising my eyebrows.

She smiles.

"How about you spend it with me then?" she then asks me, without any hesitation. As I smirk, she adds: "I think we should talk about, well... us."

"I agree."

With that said, we get inside my car, as I drive us straight to where Rosella's GPS was leading us: after an hour or so in traffic, we finally get to The View from the Shard, a notorious viewpoint in London from which you could see the whole city from above. After getting us some tickets, we find ourselves at the top of the tower, almost on our own, as it was still within working hours at the moment. We sit down at a table and order some coffee, as I would feel my heart starting to beat faster when I stare at Rosella.

Her charms and beautiful face were one thing, but I never thought I could be attracted to more than that - hell, her personality is the most attractive thing about her, and have you seen how gorgeous she is on the outside?

As I am lost in my thoughts, I haven't realized Rosella was staring at me weirdly, obviously mocking me. Blushing like hell, I look away, frowning and letting an embarrassed laugh out of my throat - which makes her laugh in sync.

When she grabs my hand, however, I stop laughing, feeling my heart being taken away from my chest, as she says:

"Careful - it's becoming pretty obvious that you like me, Zadorsky"

Rolling my eyes, I stare at our fingers entangled, before smirking.

"As if it wasn't obvious before..." I let out, quite annoyed to be such an open book sometimes.

"You know" Rosella says, caressing my hand with softness, looking away, "I really like that you can't hide your emotions, otherwise I never would've kissed you the other night."

"Oh, 'cause you saw it on my face that I wanted you to?" I ask, as we laugh in sync, openly mocking me.

She nevertheless nods.

"You know, uh..." she starts, before retracting herself. I insistently stare at her, encouraging her to speak her mind, as she continues after a few seconds of hesitation: "I-I never felt more like myself with someone, and it kinda scared the shit outta me."

Seeing her vulnerable and hesitant for once made me melt. 

"Same" I say, trying to make her understand that we were in the exact same position. I then chuckle, before staring right into her eyes and adding: "Like, I never thought I'd fall for a girl, and here we are now... It's like I can't help it."

"Falling for a girl, uh?" Rosella playfully repeats, amused.

Rolling my eyes, I just look at the view for a while. 

Suddenly, I cannot help but bite my lips, thinking about that moment we shared the other night. With that in mind, I get up under her confused eyes, before sitting on her lap shamelessly, my long, blonde hair brushing her face, shoulders and breast, as I feel her arms holding me from all around, wrapped around my waist. My own arms are wrapped around her neck, as I sensually play with her long, brown ponytail, staring right into her eyes.

I then crack a smile, before getting closer, stopping right before our lips touch, whispering against them:

"You are making me go crazy" 

She smiles, before I close the gap between us.

The same fuzzy and strong feeling grows inside my chest and stomach as she kisses back immediately, her tongue asking for permission, which is granted right away. As hers and mine dance together slowly and sensually, my hands caress her jaw, as the smell of her hair and of her body were making my head lose it slowly.

After a few minutes, I lean away, and open my eyes, as she still has hers closed, smiling widely. When she does open them, she stares right into mine, biting her lips.

Her comment quite matches what I am myself feeling:

"Wow."

I nod, before holding her closer against me.

"I am glad you feel the same way" I whisper, pecking her lips once again.

"We still should talk about what this all means, don't you think ?" she softly asks, running her fingers through my straight blonde hair.

I nod.

"Yes, we should" I sigh.

"I don't know about you, but I am not fond on labels - I mean, I've never been with someone that way, and I don't know if I'm any good at managing a romantic relationship or something... But I prefer to know where you... where we stand, honestly, because I am getting attached." 

"So, there is something you should know about me..." I slowly start, seeing her worried face. Seriously looking at her, I then end the suspense: "I am quite the jealous type, so if you don't want something serious, now is the right time to back off."

She bursts into laughter - as the sound of her laugh makes my whole body shiver.

"Oh, but I want something serious, She - it's not like I had a choice either way, 'cause I don't want anyone else than you."

"Waw, that's a relief" I joke, as she cracks a smile. As she caresses my back, I add: "How about we just take our time to see where that leads us?"

"Sounds good" Rosella whispers, before her lips reach for mine once more. After kissing me with confidence and passion, she adds joyfully: "But no seeing other people, right?"

Hitting her softly on her shoulder, I exclaim:

"You better not, moron"

With that said, I lean in again and kiss her once again, as this feeling of the softness of her lips against mine would never get old.

The rest of the day goes perfectly, and when she accompanied me to my apartment that evening, I said without thinking:

"Why don't you, uh... come in for a sec?"

Of course the sensation I was feeling in my upper parts wasn't innocent - never in my life have I wanted someone that badly...