Chapter 16: (Y/N) ~ The Storm, Part 2-Battling Guzma

"I like you more than malasadas."

(Y/N) burst into twittering laughter. From the food-loving Hau, that was a massive compliment.

Gladion was significantly less amused.

"WHAT. THE. HECK. HAU?!" he growled. "GET AWAY FROM MY SISTER!"

Gladion leapt at Hau. Hau looked furious—an expression very unusual for him.

The two boys grappled on the ground, screaming obscenities and swiping their fists. Gladion kicked Hau where it hurt. Hau scratched him all the way down the face. Gladion shoved Hau backward. Hau spun around and swung his fist to the side of Gladion's head. Gladion struck out at Hau with such force he was sent staggering. Hau fell down and didn't get up.

All the while, Lillie shrieked and (Y/N) tried to peel them away from each other.

(Y/N) could hear her blood pumping in her ears. The idiots! Especially Gladion! What had they done?

She and Lillie rushed over to prise the two apart, but there was no need. Gladion was panting, and Hau, thankfully, was stirring and moaning rather than completely still and silent.

"Congratulations, Lillie." (Y/N) gnashed her teeth as she wrote on her Rotom Phone. "You've had two boys fighting over you. Not many girls can speak of that."

**********

They ran into an obstacle a few steps into the first floor.

Lillie had been left by the back entrance, too distraught and angry to do anything but shake. (Y/N) was raging and refused to speak to any of the two boys and glared at Gladion. Gladion and Hau both looked contrite, but didn't speak.

Guzma was waiting by the elevator.

(Y/N) carefully watched Gladion's face, wondering what he would make of it, seeing as Guzma had been the one to hire him into Team Skull as an Enforcer. But it was a mask. She tapped out on her Rotom Phone: "I'll take this battle." She handed five of her six Pokémon in PokéBalls to Hau, knowing due to Gladion that the area Hau was going to had the largest number of Trainers and that her Pokémon responded well to him. (Y/N) was quite sure she could handle Guzma with one Pokémon in a one-Pokémon battle.

Gladion jerked his head in a nod, and he and Hau headed off in opposite directions before (Y/N) could take another breath, leaving her to deal with Guzma.

Guzma's white teeth glinted as he bared them in a snarl. "I'll eat you for breakfast, little mute."

(Y/N) refused to be intimidated, even as her mind screamed at being called a mute as if that defined her. She bared her own teeth back in a sickly smile and typed: "I'm afraid you won't find me the slightest bit tasty."

"You and pretty boy will pay!"

And the battle began.

(Y/N) sent out Primrose, her newly acquired Primarina, which completed her collection of all of Alola's Starters. Primrose was agile and sleek in her movements, powerful through the elegance through which she fought than power, which was suitable. Subtlety over force against Guzma.

Guzma sent out Golisopod. (Y/N) groaned under her breath. A Water/Bug Type against a Water/Fairy. This could end up a stalemate.

"Golisopod! Start it off Poison Jab!"

(Y/N) scowled. That was Super Effective!

Using telepathy, she relayed her commands.

PRIMROSE, DODGE! THEN CAPTURE THE POISON JAB WITH SPARKLING ARIA!

Primrose preened, waving her long tail. She curled her body away from the Poison Jab, but two missiles hit her in the face. Primrose screamed, falling back, but at the last second tossed a desperate Sparkling Aria. It sped away uselessly towards an opposite wall.

Golisopod grinned.

"Golisopod, use Pin Missile and explode that Sparkling Aria!" Guzma shouted.

(Y/N) mindstream sped up. What to do now? Sacrifice the Sparkling Aria or strengthen it?

PRIMROSE! SHOOT A MOONBLAST RIGHT INTO THE CENTER OF THE SPARKLING ARIA!

Her Primarina obeyed. The Moonblast was sent spinning into the Sparkling Aria in such an expert way that it did not burst. Only a few people could blend moves this way and be successful. (Y/N) was one of them, and she proved it. The two moves swirled together, the pink, shimmery Fairy Type move's light blending into the pulsing ball of water that was the Water Type move, the two spheres melting into each other and moving to create an original Fairy/Water Type move...

PRIMROSE! SEND ANOTHER SPARKLING ARIA TO STRENGTHEN IT!

Make that Fairy/Water/Poison Type move! The two Sparkling Arias, the Moonblast, and Guzma's Poison Jab combined shuddered in a sphere, hardly able to contain all of the energy and power inside them. (Y/N) could hardly breathe for excitement. What a move. What a move. What a move! She realized now, well and truly, that battling was where she belonged. Battling was who she was. Her ambition was who she was also. The Tapus might have taken her brother, Ryota, but it wasn't because of her. It was because they were monsters.

While all of this was going on on (Y/N)'s side, Guzma was sadly not kicking back and drinking Earl Grey tea. His brows furrowed as he tried to figure out how (Y/N) was relaying her commands and concoct a method to do away with the triple-Type move (Y/N) had created. It was quite obvious that it was so powerful it would knock Golisopod unconscious at contact. His Pin Missile used earlier was still in the game, but only to float around uselessly.

Then he had it.

Why not retaliate the same way?

"Golisopod!" he barked. "Here's what I want you to do! I want you to coat your claws in water from Liquidation, then mix it with Poison Jab, then use them both on Primarina with extra force with Throat Chop!"

(Y/N)'s black hair blew gently as she let out a heavy breath and her black eyes widened in anticipation. How to respond?

PRIMARINA. THIS IS A LONG SHOT, BUT WE HAVE TO DO IT. USE MOONBLAST REPEATEDLY UNTIL YOU'RE ENCASED IN IT TO PROTECT YOURSELF.

Primrose looked doubtful, but knew (Y/N) was serious since she used her Pokémon's real name. Primrose fired off nearly half a dozen Moonblasts, but was sloppy due to nervousness, sending them veering off so that they ended up absorbed into the triple-Type move. It moved with such violent shakes of power. (Y/N) knew that with one more move, the ball of mixed moves would explode. She watched Golisopod's Pin Missile waft around. It seemed harmless, but who knew?

PRIMROSE! TRY HITTING GOLISOPOD DIRECTLY WITH ICE BEAM!

The Ice-Type move wouldn't be very effective, but maybe...

Golisopod was there. And it was grinning.

It struck out with its claws at Primrose in the special move Guzma had ordered earlier.

(Y/N)'s heart jumped up into her throat as her Primarina keeled over. Unable to battle.

(Y/N) had never lost a serious battle before. Never.

Not to Gladion. Not to Hau. Not to anybody.

Her other five Pokémon she had given to Hau. Now she cursed her earlier overconfidence.

How will I beat Guzma now? And if I lose...

Just then, the wandering Pin Missile hit the triple-Type move.

It exploded into a burst of soaring pops of energy and shrapnels with trails, both in a combination of pink and blue and purple and green (Y/N) had never seen before.

They hit Golisopod. And it fainted.