Chapter 2 - A Family Dinner

Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you enjoy! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Two weeks had passed since the battle of Hogwarts.

There was a period of healing slowly starting to happen in the wizarding world.

Still recovering at home, Severus and Lily Snape were certainly part of it.

Harry had tried to give his parents some privacy, though he called daily to check on them, having access to a muggle phone through Hermione's kindness.

Lily's childhood home still held an operating, muggle phone. Severus had never disconnected the device all those years while Lily slept, anxious for her to wake and return.

Since Severus's release from the hospital, he and Lily had spent many hours holding each other.

Weeping with each other out of joy and sadness........

Severus made progress in his healing with each passing day.

While Severus was doing better, Lily was struggling along.

Though she was ambulatory and alert, Lily's organs were still waking up.

Being the victim of a magical attack, she hadn't needed the catheters and I.V. bags that muggles in long term care required.

That also meant that she hadn't used her digestive or urinary systems in over sixteen years. At first, Lily had trouble holding her food down and going to the loo, but with time, her body remembered what it was like to be able to eat and drink. Lingering stomach upset came and went, but she continued to experience pressure headaches.

Severus was concerned, but the healers assured them both that minor symptoms could arise as a result of her survival.

While Severus worried about Lily, she worried about him.

Severus thoroughly enjoyed the attention that Lily lavished upon him over those couple of weeks. He soaked in the soothing patterns of Lily's gentle voice while she changed the dressings on his wound, cooked for him, and helped him bathe so he wouldn't put pressure on the healed area of his throat by moving around.

Altough their physical conditions currently left sexual relations off the table, Severus and Lily were still enjoying the intimacy of their bond by cuddling together on the sofa and lounging in bed, sleeping next to each other.

Soft gazes, loving touches.........the little affections that the couple exchanged were deeply cherished by both partners.

When the third week arrived, Severus and Lily both noted their progress. Lily didn't really feel much better, but she put on a brave face for Severus and insisted she was doing fine.

Severus no longer needed to wear a bandage on his throat.

Once Severus was able to speak without pain and Lily seemed strong enough, the visitors began to appear.

As the shocking facts about Harry Potter, er, Snape's parents, spread across the wizarding world, everyone wanted to come and visit with Severus and Lily.

Some brought gift baskets.

Many thanked Severus for his bravery.

Several wanted to see Lily once again from knowing her years ago.

More wanted to meet Lily after hearing so much about her.

Severus was not fond of social situations, but he quickly found out that he had little choice in the matter.