14.

14.

Rich & Sky

Lauren.

Just as Ace & I ordered our third Patron margarita I got a call from Skylar, "Lo can you come pick me up please?" Skylar asked in a weak and trembling voice. I could tell she had been crying, my big sister mode immediately kicked in, "where are you at?" "I'm at St. Joseph's Medical Center; can you please just come get me?" "Are you ok? I'm on my way now babygirl." I grabbed my bag, "I'm ok, I'll let you know what's going on when you get here." Sky told me then ended the call.

"I don't know what's going on, but I have to go pick Sky up from the hospital, I'll call you when I know what's up." I told Ace as I put my blazer on. "You need me to go with you?" Ace asked me as he could see I was a little flustered. "No, she said she's ok, I'm just a little worried." I told him as I finally got all my belongings together. "Let me know you and baby girl are good later, don't forget, fore I pop up on y'all" I agreed, gave Ace a hug and kiss on the cheek, then rushed out of the bar.

*

I arrived at St. Joseph's Medical Center literally 8 minutes later, driving about 90mph the entire way. One thing I don't play about is family or those I consider my family. I wouldn't know what I would do if something ever happened to anyone in my family, especially Skylar, she's my annoying little bumble bee.

Me: I'm outside wya

Sissy: Outside of the ER

I pulled around until I stopped in front of Skylar, she looked a mess. Her skin looked pale, she had dark circles under her eyes, and she looked like only what I could describe as 'yesterday', definitely not Skylar Marie Jiminez. She got in my car and I pulled off towards home.

"What's up with you Sky?" I looked over towards her, and I could see her start to cry all over again. "Promise you won't get upset with me." I just gave her a look, "just tell me Sky, you act like I don't always have your back." She nodded her head in understanding. "I'm pregnant," she said just above a whisper. I nodded not understanding what the problem is. I understand that Sky is 20, but lil mama got her own. She has her own online boutique that does very well, even though she lives with me, she could have her own space if she wanted, and she has a good head on her shoulders.

"So what's the problem." "It's Rich's, he doesn't want kids, what will I do?" I shook my head. I automatically assumed it was Rich's baby; he and my sister have been dating since she moved down here with me a year ago. Rich is a basketball player at Rice University, he's pretty cool in my book, but I don't know much about him. "Does he know you're pregnant?" I asked her, "No...I'm afraid to tell him, you're the only one who knows. I don't want anyone else to know." I shook my head, "well how do you know he doesn't want kids." "We talked about it before, he wants to submit to the draft at the end of this school year, and he doesn't feel like kids are a part of the 'lifestyle' he wants." I shook my head. "I'm going to be real with you, he may not be here for this baby, but we'll be ok. I'm going to be here for you regardless of his decision, suck up those tears, but you need to tell him tonight. How far along are you?" Out of the corner of my eye I can see her straightening up in her seat. "The doctor told me 13 weeks. I'm so scared Lo, I've been going out and drinking, I never had any symptoms, I only came today because I was getting a checkup. I even still have a period. I didn't even know that could happen the doctor told me that it's not that uncommon though." "Did, you get an ultrasound. Do they know if the baby is okay?" "I got an ultrasound they said that the baby is at normal weight and size, so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong, with God's prayers, and I can find out what I'm having when I come back in 3 weeks for my next appointment." "Aww my little bumble bee is having a little marshmallow!" I cooed out, as I finally got a smile and laugh out of Sky.