Sleeping Beauties

It was poised peep of the day. Soft citrus yellow sun beams sneaking into Bondita's room from pearl white blinds moving smoothly with slow breezes. It roused Anirudh from deep sleep to witness the most placid view. His sight fixated on sleeping beauty in front, his Bondita!. He just lay there in same position beholding her but soon verity poked him cramps all over his body due to his body resting in bad posture for hours now.

"Aaah!!" a sharp and subtle scream, he controlled. As it might have disturbed Bondita's sleep. Arching back and left hand on his waist he walked in his room to start his day. He was feeling way too sleepy but more than that Bondita's care in absence of Koyli seemed more important to him. When he went downstairs for breakfast Bondita was already accompanying others on Breakfast table.

"Aaiye Anirudh dada baithiye." Batut gestured him stuffing spoonful of breakfast from his plate.

as kaka saw him coming from his room he sighed and his thoughts imprinted all over his face "Iska kuch nahi ho sakta",nodding his head." parwah hi nahi hai ise hamari Bahu ki...Pati na sahi ek insaan hone ka farz toh nibha sakta tha Bondita bahu k hatho par time time par lep laga kar." frowning at him he got busy in his food intaking. 

Anirudh seated and observed Bondita, Her fresh face adding freshness in placid amber shade of morning.

"Bondita ab kaisa hai hath tumhara ?" 

"Thik hai mera hath ab Patibabu, woh lep bahut thandak pahuchata hai shayad, isiliye ab jalan toh bilkul nahi ho rahi hai, Shukriya Patibabu!" She thanked him and neurons stated producing Dopamine feel-good  hormone inside him.

Anirudh sipped his coffee. It was not prepared by Bondita today yet, he managed. while leaving the table when he was wiping his mouth his hands touched to his right cheek and, he was amusing reminiscing that mesmerizing morning event.

That day Anirudh was working from home and kaka took care of Bondita when he was busy. in the afternoon when he didn't come for lunch Bondita stood up from her seat and informing KSJ she advanced to call her Patibabu for Lunch.

When she stepped in his study and found her patibabu napping on that green leather couch. She first wanted to laugh on him hard remembering he once said sternly "Bondita! din me sone wale Kumbhakarna hote hai." but controlled like, her pati babu controlled his ache groans in the morning that could disturb her sleep.

"Kumbhkaran Babu!" she whispered giving him another name and came back to lunch table giggling.

(Le instead of 1920's, 2020's ki Bondita- Pahle din me sote hue Patibabu ka snap lekar insta story laga deti hu with the caption #MySweetestKumbhkarnBabu...just to delete the story in some time after getting a lot of lovey-dovey comments from her female followers on his sleeping beauty." 

"Kya hua Bahu? has Q rahi ho aur woh tumhare Patibabu kaha rah gaye?"

"Heeehee! woh toh so rahe hai Kaka sasurji, pata nahi kaise aaj unse hi unka din me na sone wala anushashan tut gaya." 

And it made everyone giggle before lunch.

the days were passing and until Bondita's burns didn't sooth, Anirudh had changed his daily busy schedule temporarily to take good care of his nazuk-si (fragile) wife.

In next few days all his live-in care pulled through and her hand recovered faster. Finally, the day has came that he was rejoining the court. Instructing Bondita on her curriculum he was leaving when kaka passed a comment coughing on his newly developed habit. 

"aajkal kisi k hatho ko unke gaal bahut hi zyada pyaare ho gaye hai, ek hath mano permanently chipak hi gya hai gaal par. Lagta hai lep me Madhu(honey) kuch zyada daal di thi humne." He expected something coming from him but instead Anirudh's cheeks turned crimson and he exited smiling.

That day passed and  Anirudh returned home early than usual as he was having hard time at his work place following his previous permanent busy routine. He waited there in the living room for Bondita to join her KSJ for evening aarti, and now when she came down he found everything around him composing rhythm of peace for his ill at ease heart.

In next few days one more letter arrived for Barrister Babu. Bihari Babu knocked on study where Anirudh was explaining Bondita why the flowers only bloom in the morning? and How? as with this question Bondita rushed at Anirudh when he was reading one book under the night-lamp.

"Barrister babu, aapka chhitthi aaya hai ?" Bihari Babu handed him letter which was in his hand and left both of them alone once again.

"Patibabu, bahut nind aa rahi ab mai bhi jauu." she looked at him blinking her eyelets sleep filled eyes.

"han Bondita...jao. good night!" She closed the door clumsily wishing him good night and went to her room.

Anirudh opened the letter and he was hell surprised as it was the follow up letter of previous letter which was laying unread somewhere stuffed between his documents. He sighed deep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all liked this short chapter.

Let me know in comments how it was and press a star below.

To know, what in that letter made Anirudh surprise. Stay tuned.

Enjoy your reading.