8. Buns

Derek's POV
Lina is still ill. I thought it was just be a few days and it will pass. She always had a strong immune system. Maybe she got infected with something she ate or a flu while in Brazil.
She says she made an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow at 8:00.

Nagini has been very protective of Lina ever since we got home. She wouldn't let us or anyone near her. We can't even sleep with her on the same bed. Damon and I end up sleeping in the guest room.
I worry about her the whole night.
"Brother, I can't sleep."
"Neither can I."
"I'm worried about her."
"She's omitting something."
"Her doctor appointment is tomorrow."
"Yes, I hope they fix her up quick. I hate seeing her this way."
"She looks drained and sickly."
We eventually fall asleep.

Lina's POV
I scheduled with an OBGYN.
Damon and Derek said they will come with me to my appointment today but I deliberately woke up early to avoid them and leave. I am so confused. I don't know what I should do with this information. I know I should tell them. But I want to see the doctor first.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you Dr. Duong."
" Likewise. I'll get straight to the point. I'm pregnant. I did a home test and need to know the progression of the fetus."
"Well, I will do an ultra sound and we will see."
she proceeds with the examination. She put the cool gel  on my abdomen and proceed with the ultrasound.
I look at the screen.
My jaw drops and my eyes widen. "My expertise isn't gynecology but I know what that is."
"Yes, you saw correctly. It looks like you're about one week."
Tears run down my eyes.
"Do you want some pictures?"
"Yes, plenty please."
" You can get prenatal vitamins at the drug store. The front desk will schedule your next appointment. If there is any problems you let me know or you go to the ER."
"Thank you."
"I don't want to be unprofessional but do you mind if I get your autograph? I'm a big fan."
"Sure, no problem."
I sign my name on a piece of paper she hold out for me.

I drive back home. I listen to the news on the radio. I don't usually listen to the radio because I hate listening to commercials but I have been away so I need to catch up on the news. They covered everything and then they go to the gossips. They are speaking about me again. Damn, I need to address this. I like my life private as much as possible. I don't need to explain my actions to anybody but when people talk about Damon, Derek and I in such ill manner, making up conclusions without the facts. I have to speak up. I call Conan and schedule for him to come visit me. Then I call Barry, my book publisher.

"Darling, why did you go without us? We woke up and you weren't home."
"I'm fine, it's a woman thing. I'll feel better soon." I give him a kiss.
"What would you like to do today? Since we came home early, I don't have to be back to the hospital until next week."

I pack my sons' lunches. Bento boxes where I made their food into into pictures like Pokémon or marvel super heroes. They like it when I do that.
I help the twins put on their school uniforms.
They go St. George preparatory; Where I went to school. A private school which requires it. They are abnormally big and tall for their age. I keep having to buy new uniforms because they grow so fast. Thats good because when I first saw them at the orphanage, they were malnourished. The orphanage did the best they could with so many children.

I take the twins to school and walk them to their fifth grade class. They're only 6 but they were already naturally gifted before I adopted them. My parents and I taught them well that they skip a few grades.
As we walk, I get many stares.

I give them a necklace with a pendant in the shape of a sun wear it on them. I had Derek modify these necklaces for them. It does what my snitch does. It has a camera in the middle and it has a tracking device in it. I just want to protect and look out for my children.