12. Since You Been Gone

Lina's POV
I wake up in the morning in Derek's arms.
Where's Damon? Maybe he woke up already. I get out of bed. I wince from the pain of my c- section wound. I walk to the gym. "Damon?"
He's not here.
I check all over the house. He's not around. I sort of regret having such a mansion at this time. Every time I take a step it hurts. We have been so busy Derek hasn't had the time to install Lana into the house yet.
I call his phone. He doesn't answer. It goes straight to voicemail.
I call the law firm. He's not there either.
I go back into my room. I see an envelope by the lamp and open it.

Dear my beloved Lina,
        I am glad you are alright. Healthy and alive. I can't live if something were to happen to you. I will follow you to the afterlife if you didn't come back.
Yesterday I realized that I am not good for you. I don't deserve you. I don't deserve to be the father of our children. I'm selfish. I'm stubborn and hot headed.
It is best if you stay with Derek. He can take care of you and the children far better than I.
He can give you a happy life. Full of beautiful memories and blissful moments.
You won't have to worry about us fighting anymore. Also, You don't have to choose between us either.
I will never love anyone as much as you.
I wish you a happy life.
I love you, always and forever.

~ Damon

I burst into a  loud wailing cry
"What  is it darling?" Derek wakes up
"Are you in pain? Is it your wound? Did it open? I'll take you to the hospital."  He's checking me all over.
I point to the letter. He picks it up and reads it silently.
"Mother fucker!" He curse
I cry even louder. He holds me in his arms.
"Shh, shh, darling. I'm here. I'm here." He strokes my hair.

Derek's POV
She falls limp in my arms. 
"Lina? Darling!"  I check for a pulse. Thank God.
I carry her up and run.
"What's wrong?" Our mothers come running also.
"She fainted."  I put her in the car
"I'll stay here with the children darling." My mother says
Lina's mother gets into the car as well.

I take her to WilTech hospital.
The doctor notifies us that her broken heart syndrome has surfaced again and prescribed her medication.
Bullocks!

She wakes up in the hospital room.
Then they discharge her and I take her home.

She eventually run out of tears. I bring the babies to her two at a time. They need to feed. Her mother wakes up and feeds the twins. They come in our room and run to her. They see her and ask what's wrong. I tell them her belly hurts that's all. Her mother  takes them to school and while
Her grandma is in the kitchen.

Lina's mother   comes back
"Where is Damon?" She ask
Lina  doesn't say anything. She doesn't want to lie. She never lies.
So I do it for her "He had to take an early flight to New York for work."
I just made it up on the spot because it seems plausible. I don't know where he went. I can always find out.
She stays in bed the rest of the day. She cries silently. She would call Damon multiple times but no answer.
I tell our mothers she sleeping or if it's a meal time I will bring it to her. I don't want to worry them. I know Lina doesn't want either of our mothers to know about this.

The next day... Unless she needs to use the loo, She stays in bed all day. Feed the babies. She doesn't eat.
"Darling, you need to eat. You need to be healthy in order for the children to be healthy." She nods her head then takes the bowl of chicken congee and eats it. It's soft and liquidity. She doesn't have to chew that much.
It's like she's a zombie. Her face is pale. Expressionless and dead inside. Just like how Damon and I were when she left us. Minus the alcohol.
Then at night, when she thinks I'm sleeping, I hear her crying softly.  I embrace her.
In the morning I go outside and call Damon, it goes to voice mail every time.  I curse him out over the phone and telling what's happening to her.
"Everything is your fucking fault!"  I yell into the phone.