Chapter 4: The Arrival

Once the train stopped, this oaf of a man who introduced himself as Hagrid, instructed us to pike up in canoes to cross the river towards the famous school of witchcraft and wizardry, known as Hogwarts.

I have to admit, it was grand to say the least, fancy I would say. That's coming from me, the son of a wealthy family, the Malfoys. All the while, the two on the train and I had warmed up to each other. Their names were Crabbe and Goyle. Interesting.

Once inside the great halls, one of the head mistresses, McGonagall, led us in ceremony. " Welcome, all of you. We are ready to get started. The head master, Albus Dumbledore, shall speak with us shortly." Everyone was still taking in the scene of the great hall, as I can imagine, since there were floating candles in the air.

"Everyone shall be sorted into their houses. They are Griffindore, Hufflepuf, 
Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. The sorting hat will decide." One by one we sat under the sorting hat which declared the house the student will be in. It was quite a nervous time for everyone.

When my turn came, I stepped up towards the sorting hat and professor place did on my head. "Slytherin!" It declared, without hesitation. I joined the slytherin table proudly. All the while, the rest of the new students found their places. There was hushed tones throughout the room, everyone excited and waiting for further instruction with anticipation.

McGonagall broke the silence. " students, settle down. Headmaster, professor Dumbledore will give you a brief rundown of the school rules."
The room got quiet as professor Dumbledore gave his speech. He told us were our common rooms were. The dormitories of each house.

Afterwards, the heads of each house led to our common rooms. My house's headmaster is professor Severus Snape.
He didn't seem the type to take things lightly.

Once at the slytherin common room, I took a room with Crabbe and Goyle. By then it was getting late. We got ready for bed.