Spring Unsprung

After a successful mission which involves dealing with a bandit camp harassing a peaceful village, our hero Leon was on Steel's back flying back to Ever after but before actually going back he had to get his package from his father.

They flew to a discreet spot in the forest, after Steel landed Leon got off and looked around for the courier and he came flying down shortly, he was the same goose that delivered Cupid's party supplies at True heart's day. (Is he a goose or a duck? Couldn't really tell.)

Messenger Goose: You Leon Wyllt?

Leon: The one and only.

M.G: Got a package from King Arthur, just sign here.

Leon grabbed the quill and signed it, the goose then gave the package to Leon.

M.G: Gotta ask, why the discreet spot though?

Leon: Well, what's inside this is quite dangerous. You didn't happen to run to any of the patrol did you?

M.G: Well, I ran to one of them but they saw King Arthur's official seal, so they looked the other way.

Leon: Thankfully they did, thank you and here for your troubles, and no buts just accept it.

Leon gave the goose a small bag of gold because Leon's a nice guy, the goose accepted it, after thanking the young wizard, the goose flew away.

Leon: Alright, let's see.

He set the parcel at the ground and opened it by cutting the tape around it using his knoife and opened the thing, it revealed his gun and a leather holster. Leon picked up the holster and inspected it, there was a insignia of a hammer and sword crossed together.

Leon: Custom made by Blazing Glory, nice touch.

He took off his jacket and wore it, then picking up his gun, inspected it and spun it around like those gunslingers in those movies.

Leon: Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, oh how I missed you. Boomer

(yes, it's name is boomer because it makes things go BOOM

(yes, it's name is boomer because it makes things go BOOM. In fact, you change it's color palette anyway you want.)

He holstered Boomer in it's, well holster. And wore his jacket so basically his wearing the holster underneath his jacket, so the gun is concealed. And no one would ask questions. Leon hopped on Steel's back and they resumed their flight towards Ever after, everyone was really excited today, why? Because Spring Fairest!

But during their flight everything became devoid of color and really boring, everything became depressed and really sad. The plants didn't wilt they just didn't live anymore, the animals that were happily munching on the grass, leaves and the squirrels munching on nuts, became boring and deprived of well, anything!

Leon: Why is it so boring? There's literally no color whatsoever!

Steel: Do you feel that?

Leon: Feel what?