Chapter 3: Two Families

Authors POV

It was 7 in the morning and Jane and Kyle are still asleep in the car. Jane heard a knock. Knock-knock! Jane slowly started opening her eyes and looked at Kyle. She stood still for a second and then the man knocked the window again. Jane shook Kyle telling him to wake up.

"Kyle, Kyle! Wake up! The guy's here!", Jane whisper yelled.

Kyle just groaned in response. He moved closer to Jane and she started to get red as a tomato. Then she quickly pushed Kyle and his head hit the window so hard that his head could've broke the glass.

"What the hell was that for!?", he yelled.

Jane pointed to the man waiting outside giving them a, come on we got to go, face.

"Oh, right."

Kyle stepped out of the truck and went over to the man standing next to his tow truck. They were discussing something and Jane looked at her phone to check the time and it was 7:15. Beep-beep! Text message! Jane looked at her phone and it was a text from Sam.

"Where are you? You're not at school."

"I'm in a situation and I don't think I can get to school on time. I'll call you later."

Jane sensed the text and looked back at Kyle. Kyle then glance at Jane and smiled. Jane just gave him a, hurry it up look. After another 5-10 minutes, Kyle got in the truck and sighed. Jane just say there wondering what happened. Kyle just sat there in silence for a while. Then, the guy pulled the tow truck to Kyle's truck and hooked it up. They started to depart.

1 hour later

Jane and Kyle were in the truck filled with silence and then they came to a stop. They arrived at a huge house.

"Where are we?", Jane asked.

"Uh, my house. I asked the man to take me to my house instead of to the repair shop. So I had to pay him a little more since my house is about 20-25 minutes from the shop.", Kyle replies.

He got out and went into the house while Jane was shocked that this huge house was Kyle's. She got out of the truck and followed Kyle into the house. Kyle gestures Jane to follow him up the stairs quietly. She follows.

They turn a left then another left. They reached a room and went in. The room had a flat screen TV, some posters of bands, trophies of sports, awards, an certificates.

"Who's room is this?", Jane asked.

"My sister's room. It's been a while since last came to this room.", Kyle said.

He went into the closet and took out a pair of jeans and a shirt. He handed it to Jane and she gave him a questioned look.

"Are you sure I can just take this and wear it? I mean it is your sister's.", She asked Kyle warily.

"Yea, uh, she's not... she's not here anymore anyway. So you can have them.", Kyle said in a sad tone.

Jane went into the bathroom to change and Kyle just walked around the room. Kyle went to his sisters board that hung on the wall beside her bed. It was full of pictures of her and her friends and family.

"Are you okay?", Jane asked.

"Huh, what did you say?", Kyle said turning around startled.

"So, is you're sister in college?"

"Uh, she, uh. She past away three years ago. From a car accident.", Kyle stuttered.

"Oh. Uh, I'm sorry. I, I didn't know.", Jane apologized.