Chapter 5

At last, the busy morning of a Monday, could be felt in the neighborhood

At last, the busy morning of a Monday, could be felt in the neighborhood. Some were ready to work, the elders gardening their herbs, kids heading their way towards the school bus and the friendly mail man stopping by.

The two girls were clueless as for their surroundings. They both laid peacefully and non disturbed in the cozy bed. Careless from the beaming that peeked through the window, neither dared to open their eyes.

        [POV: Aera]

I felt a weight in my waist that made me toss around due to discomfort. I encountered myself with my best friend's sleepy visage. I then realized, it was Gaeun's right leg who was locking my body from moving. I shook it off and closed my eyes once again, only to be disturbed by a sudden feeling.

It filled my whole brain, making me feel as if I was forgetting something. I didn't put much thought in it, so I just tried to sleep again. That is until I felt how the bed shook aggressively. I snapped opened my eyes in surprise, to only see Gaeun sitting in bed and looking at me with wide eyes as well.

I sighed while rubbing my chest in motion to calm myself down.

Aera: "Are you insane?! Why would you wake up so suddenly and scare the shit out of me?!" -I exclaimed but she was staring at the other side of the room with squinted eyes.

I don't really think she heard what I said, judging by her expression.

Gaeun: "I feel like I'm forgetting something, something I was supposed to do but I can't seem to remember..." -she said while still looking at the distance.

I opened my eyes in shock and sat up straight in a bolt.

Aera: "Wait, cause I'm feeling the exact same thing!" -I looked at her with bright eyes and she returned them back.

Both: "But what is it?"

We both stared at a random spot from my room, trying to get grip of that annoying feeling and recover that distant reminder.

We were emerged in our own thoughts. Attempting to recall that so long sting in our brains.

Almost as if in sync, we both turned our heads quickly to look at each other with mouth full agape.

Gaeun: "Did we just-"

Aera: "I think we-"

Gaeun: "We're definitely-"

Aera: "Thinking about-"

Gaeun: "The same thing."

Both: "The café!"

I facepalmed myself with a growl and Gaeun threw herself back to the bed. I faced once more to the front and then to the night table by my side. I reached for my phone that was laying in it and checked the time.

EIGHT FIFTY?! SHIT.

I slapped Gaeun's leg and showed her the hour.

Gaeun: "WHAT THE FUCK?!" -she jumped off my bed and rapidly started reaching for stuff in her bags.