Chapter 32

Mention of blood during the chapter. You've been advised.

  [POV: Gaeun]

Mrs. Kim: "All I need to know, is where have you been?! You either arrive home late, you are not around the entire day or your boss calls me."

Gaeun: "Mo-"

Mrs. Kim: "To tell me that my daughter, hasn't been assisting to her job! You have ONE job and you're not even showing up!"

She threw the laundry basket in my bed, as she then glared at me with hands in her hips. I couldn't help but to notice, the uniforms inside of the container.

Mrs. Kim: "Is this what I get for giving you a chance? What am I suppose to expect? And that applies for your father as well."

Gaeun: "I KNOW! But...is not...easy, okay?!" -I clenched onto my hair.

I felt so miserable at the moment, knowing that I couldn't share such events with her. I'll only make things worse and add more pieces in the board.

Mrs. Kim: "Of course is not! You have to leave your sweat in order to be better. Including, being responsible."

Gaeun: "You wouldn't understand..." -I mumbled to myself.

Mrs. Kim: "What was that?"

I searched for her eyes, which consumed mine with infinite questions and maybe worries.

Gaeun: "Nothing, Mom. Just- I'll reach my boss and explain."

She let a heavy exhale and surprisingly scoffed.

Mrs. Kim: "Why can't you just talk to me? What do you have to explain to him and not me? I'm your mother, Gaeun. We used to bond."

Gaeun: "I don't want to talk right now. I'm gonna call him, do you mind?" -I signaled her to leave.

Thankfully she understood and lead her to grab the basket once again. Placing it in her hip, this one gave me one last glance.

Mrs. Kim: "Just know, Gaeun...that we only want the best for you."

After this, she left the room quietly and closed the door behind her. Leaving me in a state of vulnerability, next to my feelings and choices.

Chenle: "I wouldn't be bothered by her." -he spoke, after leaving his hideout.

The other two, proceeded to follow along.

Jaemin: "I agree. Who even listens to someone that does laundry?...At night."

Mark: "Humans, Jaemin. Humans." -he looked at the boy, with crossed arms.

Gaeun: "Thanks, boys. But she's right. I need to take more responsibility of my life and because- Ugh! It's just...all this!"

I stood up in frustration and reached my window. Where I could see the pitch black night but a sky filled with stars. And the single dim lights in the empty street. All while a slight breeze brushed my body.

Chenle: "Is this because of, Aera?"

Gaeun: "Of course it is. She's my friend, basically my sister. If anything happens to her...I wouldn't be able to live." -I turned my attention back to the three.

Mark: "Hey, don't say that. We'll do everything we can to get her and Bliss, out of there."

They all gathered around and their features represented worry. For a split second, I thought they were understanding the gravity of the situation; But then I remembered once again, they might feel but hold no knowledge of this. It's like an on and off switch and theirs it's shut down.