Chapter 28 - Bike Ride

"AND you're certain that she doesn't know who posted these?"  Korn was asking Ignis as he stared at the images that Ignis had forwarded to his phone from yours the night before.

"She didn't seem to."  Ignis replied as he recalled your distressed look.

"And are you sure that she deleted these?"  Korn asked as he looked hard at his screen.

"Yes."  Ignis said as he dropped his gaze.  "I watched her do it."

He slightly sighed as he remembered you deleting them.  But he also remembered that you didn't quite seem yourself before or after you did.  He closed his eyes as he dropped his head more as he recalled that he hadn't exactly been himself either during that conversation.  In fact he knew that he had been a bit harsher then he had intended to be.

But he couldn't tell you the truth about those pictures.  It was part of his ongoing investigation into the girl in those pictures.  Her blonde hair that was so bright that it was practically white.  And her trim figure and delicate complexation, were in complete contradiction to her perfectly toned skills with a spear.  Which Ignis had seen first hand himself the first time he had gone to the gym on campus.

  Which Ignis had seen first hand himself the first time he had gone to the gym on campus

That was when she had introduced herself to him as Aranea Highwind.  And ever since, she had become one of his main focuses while he was at college.  But it wasn't because he liked her.  Far from it.  

Korn had had a hint that she would be attending the same college that Ignis was since it was one of the main colleges near Nifelheim. And she was said to be working towards being a captain in the aviator program for the very airships that the Nif use to transport their troops.  So this naturally made Korn insist that Ignis needed to learn as much about her as he possible could.  But preferable without letting on to who he actually was.  Because Ignis certainly didn't want to draw any unnecessary attention to himself while he was that close to Nifelheim HQ.

"Thank you for informing me."  Korn said which caugh Ignis' attention again.  "We can't have the investigation being blown this early.  There's still too much that we need to learn from her.  She could be our only insight into what the Empire has planned."

"Of course sir."  Ignis said in a flat tone as he felt a bit torn by the whole situation.

He hated to keep things like this from you.  But what choice did he have?  It was either tell you and possible blow his cover.  Or he could keep you in the dark to keep both of you safe.  Besides, it's not like it was really affecting you in Insomnia.  Right?  

"I have to make a few calls.  I'll have the cyber team look into who released those pictures to her feed."  Korn said without looking at his nephew.  "I may need to ask you a bit more about it.  And I could use your assistance with these arrangements.  So I need you to stay here today."

"Of course."  Ignis replied as he felt his heart drop.  I'm glad that I had already made arrangements for her to get to school.  But I had still hoped to see her sometime today.  I need to apologize for yesterday.