Chapter 1 - Start of College Classes

THE last week of high school for your sophomore year had been nothing but a blur. You knew it had happened, since you got your report card and it showed that you had passed all of your finals with high scores. But you don't really remember taking any of the tests or even walking through the hallways as you headed to each class. Of course you don't really remember anything from that week, except Ignis' last words to you before he left.

"Promise me that you'll wait for me."

Those last words were the only thing that you thought about since the night he dropped you off. Everything after that didn't seem to matter to you anymore. Sure you continued with your sparring and fighting lessons with Noctis and Gladio. Hell, you had even gone to the shooting range with Prompto a couple times. But none of it seemed to snap you out of your down right depressed mood.

Even the adults had tried to snap you out of it. Korn had given you more assignments, big shocker there. Not! Tracy had you help her out with a huge shredding project at the office. Super boring and only made you think of Ignis even more. Even your dad had you help him out with doing the oil changes and tuneups on both cars. Which had all been fun, even though you had been messy for a bit.

But even after all of that. None of it had been enough. Your heart hurt too much to care about any of it. Because all you wanted was for the next three months to go by quickly so that you could see Ignis again. Which meant that you had to stay so busy that you didn't have time to think about anything.

And you did this by totally engulfed yourself at work. Because at least a busy cafe could always take your mind off of everything else. Well, at least for a few hours anyway.  And it seemed to work fairly well. Or at least it did until school was finished for the summer.

But now it was Monday morning once again, and you were heading to the college for the first day of your summer classes. The sun was just starting to crest over the city wall and the last few dew drops were disappearing from the windshield. You had been looking forward to this ever since you had been excepted into the program. You just hoped that it wouldn't be too much for you to handle. After all, even Ignis had had a bit of a struggle towards the end of his degree.

On your way over, you had given Jason a call, as promised. And he said that he would meet you at the admissions office. At first you had considered just going in by yourself and figuring it all out on your own. But you decided that it would be nice to have someone else to talk to for once.

Besides, he had been very insistent and you really didn't want to disappoint him. To you there was nothing worse than disappointing a rich kid. They tended to take it pretty bad. You knew that all to well from being friends with Prince Noctis.

But as you pulled into the parking lot, you didn't see Jason's car. You slightly sighed as you pulled into a spot to wait. Finding yourself sitting alone in the parking lot, hadn't even occurred to you. And it certainly wasn't something that you were excited for. Because all it did was give you time to think.

And not that thinking is a bad thing. Unless of course all of your thoughts are about missing a particular person with a smooth accented voice and beautiful dark emerald green eyes. Because all that did, was make you sigh deeply as you once again pulled up the last text message from Ignis before he got off the train in Cartanica. Which after sitting there in a quiet car for a few moments after you parked, was exactly what you did.

You took a deep breath as you pulled out your phone and started flipping through your messages until you came to his name. The last words he sent seemed to glow on the screen as you looked at them. Your heart sank as you pulled your legs up to you chest as you could picture him texted each word as he sat there on the train as he waited to debark. You bit your bottom lip as you tried to keep it from trembling again as you read the message for what must have been the hundredth time.