𝟶𝟶𝟹.

𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚── 003

𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐚── 003.
chapter three; rainbows, unicorns and glitter
.· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

Clary Anderson was a friendly person. She would flash you a polite, bright smile even if you're merely a stranger that passes by her in the street, she would offer you help if she'd notice you're struggling with your homework, and she would most definitely join you to meet new people. It was the thrill that she always seek, to explore the whole variety of personalities people have to offer. She was ready to evolve and adapt; even in the little time she has left to live.

And because she was such a good, loyal friend to all the friends she has made back in her home city, she was ever tormented from within, knowing she's continually lying to them-- or rather, hiding the cruel truth.

Many times her parents have tried to convince their daughter to tell her friends and people around her that she has Pulmonary Fibrosis and all that it means, but she constantly refused. She refused to be pitied, to get the looks of poor girl, she must be devastated-- because she wasn't. Not now, after years of learning to accept it, and deciding to live her life to the fullest.

So she kept it her secret, and attempted to think about it as much as possible - along with the agonizing guilt that whirled in her stomach when she thought of all the people that would have to cry over her grave, one day soon.

She has identified the characters she was befriending so far; Caroline, the insecure yet caring girl - Bonnie, the ultimate loyal friend - Elena, the fragile, shy girl - Matt, the sensitive guy - and Tyler, who she just met, your common, douche athlete.

They were all very nice and polite to her, so far, which only made it harder for her to look them in the eyes and neglect the fact that she might die any day. So she observed and tried to blend in without feeling like the sick girl she actually is.

Clary was also a mindful and sensible person, and that was why she has noticed how tensed and uncomfortable her brother was when he was introduced to Tyler Lockwood, who apparently was the boyfriend of Vicki Donovan, the girl Chris was fond of.

She could see it in the way his jaw clenched ever-so-slightly, how his long leg jumped up and down restlessly, and how his eyes bounced from one place to another, examining everything in the small restaurant except the junior brat.

It was weird to see Chris like that-- so affected by a girl he barely even knew. Back in Washington, Chris was the popular guy who girls were running around, leaving him with countless opportunities and options. He wasn't a jackass who would break your heart and won't spare you a glance after that; on the contrary. He was always honest with his intentions and interests, which never included a serious, long-termed, committed relationship. So, when he told her of Vicki Donovan and her green eyes and cute smile, she was more than surprised to hear him speaking so highly of a girl.