The Soldier: Chapter Two

After David had been assassinated, you had helped your queen as much as possible into furthering her influence beyond, and even eavesdropped upon the knights still loyal to David, although it led to a lot of moral questioning on your part. You were an honest being, and the weight of your sins that the peasants cried about in court settled upon your being like oozing tar, weighty and impossible to climb your way out of. 

You had let out young Juniper today, picking them up thoughtlessly, and began conversing with Hanni about a healer for the youngling, while slowly planning tactics to snuff out the rebellion before it began. Hanni was gorgeous in the low torchlight of the dungeon, although it might not be the most appropriate place to be fawning over her, much to your chagrin.

Whilst you had been talking, it seemed Young Juniper had passed out from exertion, possibly from how long they were in the dungeon, perhaps a whole season of time. It was now winter, and as it grew colder, the reserves ran lower because of David's shallow rulings. Hanni had called upon for a healer, who had done their best fixing young Juniper, who had signs of earlier malnourishment, which worried you. Juniper had been placed on bedrest for weeks, and in that time you and Hanni had put your plan into action to slowly snuff out the rebellion. Juniper hadn't woken up in quite a while, and although you were worried, you simply put faith in the process, making sure to have one of your most trusted guarding the chambers in which they were resting. 

All seemed well, until young Juniper had gone missing from their chambers.