Introductions, The Soldier:

The road was long, the walk hard. The entire village was gone. The sun was blistering and the scent of iron and wood permeated the air. It had rained the day before, leaving the scent of nature along with it. The sun was just over the horizon, the village was set alight, leaving no other option but to leave.  With every step came a hitching breath. There was this saying... pick your poison. It usually references alcohol, but for you, it was your sword. You were ordered by Qu-King Hanne to kill the village. It was a display of power.  Of the King's men, you were the most powerful. You were to be flaunted, not like that of a gift to the world, but as an omen of death to all those who opposed rulership of the monarchy. The sword in your sheath bearing the reminder of all those you have slain for naught one reason, but because the King ordered so. The trees rolled off into the distance, great mountains set in the horizon with the sun, flower meadows stretching as far as your sharp eyes could see. You wished you didn't have to do this, to be such a large, hulking, omen of death, an adult, according to society, one with a stable job and serving his king, as was his duty. It always seemed like you had to be the big scary man, when you were not. 

You were turning 18 soon, having been recruited at the ripe old age of 16. King Hanne ordered all those who were able, to fight. You took the place of your younger brother, whom was only at the age of 13 when he was supposed to be trained in the ways of the kingdom's guard. You fought for your family, and your friends whom you had to abandon along the way. You had a long journey, and stopped in a town to find a horse, which was given to you without question and without need of pay. 

The horse trotted, and you picked up food for your journey which would take just over a fortnight. The saddle was mounted gently, and the horse was groomed before you mounted your new steed. He would be your best friend. A new one, for the stables, since your last mustang died.  The horse trotted valiantly, and the country side rolled along, as well as the sun, and so, you began your quick journey back to the castle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------