#20) KaliPurusha reveals

[ VAISHNAVI'S POV ]

I heard loud footsteps coming towards me.
I felt this uneasiness as a strange aura filled the surrounding. Who else could it be ?
"Kalipurusha!" I yelled.

He had put on an armour this time.
"Actually. I prefer KP. But you know what? I like this Kalipurush name too", he smiled and turned to his assistant. "How is the link going ?"

"The power has stabilized at 95%. Seems like that's the end of her capacity", the other guy said. I knew something was up with these guys.

"Why are you feeding power to me?", I asked, as I tried to punch through the glass. But then, it struck me. There were people stuck below this cage too.

"Seems like you've forgotten what I'd told you. Be careful. The life of the people underneath depend Also you will become our next generation power source. My power source..

A God stuck in a human form, Vaishnavi or may I say Lakshmi.."

"Just get me out of here, and I'll show you what I truly am" I warned.

"I never really underestimated your powers Vaishnavi. I just doubt whether you'll be able to use them in your current situation. You see, this cage is made of Amartya Metal. Something that never made it to the surface during the churning of the Oceans, Sagar manthan as you call it.

Both the Gods and Demons discarded it as it couldn't be used to make weapons. But no one actually understood its importance... it drains power out of people. Absorbs it and keeps it within itself..."

"That means, it is draining every other thing on earth. Even now, the people below... No...", I muttered.

"Yes. Your beloved villagers. I pity them. They had to die anyways. Either slowly or else you kill them at once by your own hands by trying to escape. I've to thank Vibhishan for this wonderful idea.."

All of a sudden, some buzzer started to ring. Several explosions could be heard. Was it really them ?

"Looks like Lakshmi's Narayan is here...But I bet even he can't do anything. Pray for your Karan. Oh wait, who would you even pray to ?", he laughed as he vanished into the dark.

I felt helpless. I couldn't do anything. If I did, the people underneath would be blasted off with massive amount of energy that is contained within me. Think Vaishnavi, think. What could you do ?..

That's when I heard a loud thump,

"Vaishnavi !!" I heard his voice.
"Karan !!", I shouted. It was him.

The Shuka's prediction was wrong afterall. Me and Karan could still unite, finally. His overgrown and messy hair had made him look even more adorable.

"Don't worry Vaishnavi. We're here now", he assured. We locked eyes. The prophecy was wrong. We are still united. I kept on repeating- everything's gonna be fine now.

And indeed everything was good until I noticed the absence of Pawan. He was right there a few seconds ago. I saw a figure racing towards us. "Karan! Dodge !", I cautioned but it was too late.

Karan crashed on the solid floor. KaliPurush stomped on Karan's face as he let out an evil laugh. "I overestimated you Son..

You are even weaker than your friend", KP pulled Karan off the floor and raised him above.

"See I've even treated my daughter-in-law so well too. I've blessed her with so much energy that she's a walking atomic bomb now", he said as he threw Karan on a distant wall.

"Pawan do something !", I shouted. But then I saw him. Pawan. Still, pale and lifeless. But how could KP just... Pawan is basically...

"I know what you are thinking lady. How could KP just kill a God like that ?", KP again turned to Karan. "This armour is made of Amartya too.

These Godly powers are nothing before me. And how could you forget my power source ?", KP again tried to punch Karan. But this time, Karan blocked his punch.

"No worries", KP said as he landed another punch on his stomach. Karan was thrown away meters away. This time too.

That's when bounced back and attacked KP, with his EverWorld sword. "Enhance Weapon. Elemental node. Fire."

The whole place burned from the flames of Karan's sword. But KP.. he stood there.. as if nothing happened. "Try your best, kid", he challenged.

Karan tried to stand but his legs faltered. Somehow, he stood up and picked up his sword.

"You are welcoming your own death, KP", he said as he raised his sword high in the air.

"Enhance Weapon. Intrinsic ability. Degenerate", Karan mustered up everything he had and charged towards KP.

"Reverse", KP said this one word and deflected the attack. Karan's sword slipped from his hands.

"My EverWorld sword..", Karan looked horrified.

The sword fell to the floor and..
broke into fragments..

**What did you think of the twentieth chapter ?
What will Karan do as his favourite EverWorld sword has been destroyed by just one spell of KP ?
Do vote and comment down your views. Next chapter will be uploaded tomorrow. Keep supporting !
And add this book to your library to get a notification whenever a new chapter is uploaded.**