Strawberry cake

Taehyung POV

“Darling, how many plates do we need again?” I shout inside the house to my boyfriend who is standing in the kitchen with what seems to be hundreds of different bowls containing various foods.
“Goodness, angel, you know you are the one who sent invitations? But it’s 15, they better fit on that expensive table you insisted we buy.”
I chuckle and walk back inside to get more plates which will surely fit onto our table. On my way back out, I press a kiss to my boyfriend‘s lips and smile at him happily. 
He smiles back, just as excited as I am for this afternoon because we have big news to share and Jungkook is also nervous because his mother will be here.
Bold of him to believe I am not just as on edge, but more happy than anxious.
Not only is his and Purple‘s mother coming to our house for a week and today specifically, no, we pulled the entire register.
Of course, Fred and Purple are invited, it‘s not too far for them to come and they were first on the list. My best friend will also be bringing her friends from Hogwarts to join us at this kind of reunion; Lisa, Jennie and Eliza will be staying in a rented apartment in town for a couple of days before continuing on their trip through England and all the way to France for their summer vacation this year. 
All three of them are single at the moment and decided to make a girls trip out of their summer vacation. I am excited to catch up with them because I have not a single clue what has happened to them since graduation and it‘s been six entire years.
Insane, if you think about that.
Then we will be joined by Joon and Yoongi, who never miss a barbecue of ours. They are frequent visitors here, Joon sometimes bringing his girlfriend along. She is a sweet girl but though she is almost as small as Purple, she doesn’t take shit from her boyfriend and calls him out on his mess more often than he would like to but the way he looks at her when she does, he doesn’t seem to mind as much.
And lastly, we will have visitors that have me bouncing around like an overly excited toddler.
Ever since I graduated, I have been in more frequent touch with Jimin, my best friend from the second school I went to and who had always supported me through everything and anything that had happened to me.
We have met a few times over the past couple of years but there had been an awful amount of time between last Thanksgiving and today in which I hadn’t seen him.
Even though I see him every now and then it is still a shock to see what has changed in our lives since we went to school together. 

He is not with his boyfriend from back then anymore, had some relationships here and there but nothing that had lasted very long. He had finished school with very decent grades and had then decided he wanted to go to college and become a counselor at a school and maybe do independent counseling if that wouldn't have worked.
As I now know it did and currently he is happily working at a public school in Korea.

When I had asked him, he had immediately agreed to use his summer vacation days to come visit us and he would actually stay at the house along with Mrs. Jeon.
The last invitation I had sent out had made me both nervous and melancholic but I had done so nevertheless.
I had decided to get back in touch with my former maid and good friend from my childhood, Yoora, as well as her husband Yoosuk and their meanwhile 13-year old son Jaehyun. They had responded quickly and had told me they were more than happy to visit me and my boyfriend and so they would attend today‘s BBQ as well.
Me and Jungkook had drowned in planning and preparation in the past few days but soon enough, Joon and Yoongi had come over to help and the four of us had managed to get everything done in time.
In just 30 minutes, everyone was supposed to be here and they would spend the day together with us.

Almost everyone was on time and it was such a big mess with all the people bustling around that minor delays went unnoticed anyways.
It was quite a challenge to get everyone in their seats on the long table but finally, we are all sitting, bowls and plates with food in front of us and we dig in.
Purple and Jungkook‘s friends are sitting on one end while what I consider my family is on the other end, talking to the twins‘ mother though Jaehyun looks slightly bored with the conversations of all the adults around him.
He has grown so much, I can‘t believe he is so old already, going to middle school and looking so much more mature than last time I facetimed him.
I have tried staying in touch with him because after all, I still consider him my little brother and I want to stay invested in his life as much as possible.
Especially when Yoora had told me when they arrived that she and Yoosuk have decided that they want me to be his godfather and guardian in any emergency case should it occur.
We had been in too much of a haste to talk more about it properly but I felt like I was about to burst with pride when she told me.
I look across from the table where the twins sit, fighting about something under their breath and a smile sneaks onto my lips as I watch the two favorite people in my world bickering on and on while I talk to Fred who is sitting next to me, switching between talking to me and Eliza on his other side.
It takes forever until we are all done eating, conversations just going on and on because nothing is stopping all of us from just catching up with one another. Some of our friends help us carry all of the dishes into the kitchen and clean the huge mess up, fooling around like in old times when it was just us boys and Purple, with the difference that her husband is now a part of the group and also the Purple bullying circle because there is no way we are giving that up, especially because it is such a lovely memory from Christmas 2018.
The other - temporary - addition is my best friend from my teenage years: Jimin.
He fits in with us so very perfectly, his velvet voice and sweet giggles making everyone love him as my curious friends ask him all about his work and the time we spent together at school.
Jimin is thriving on the attention and the opportunity to tell stories that he treasures so much and as I finish wiping down the counters to head back outside, I smile as I see him laughing with Yoongi of all people, throwing his head back and the other man showing his gummy smile.