The Decision and the Result

"LAO WEN!!" Zhou Zishu shouted after finding his soulmate on his four limbs on the floor. He saw a broken bowl and spilled liquid nearby—the special tonic he had made earlier. His Lao Wen must be waking up hastily so that he knocked on the table accidentally and fell.

He ran to reach Wen Kexing. When he wanted to touch him, the latter pushed Zishu hard and rose before sprinting towards the exit.

"LAO WEN!!"

"GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" He swatted his soulmate's hand harshly. "A-XIANG??!! A-XIANG!!!"

"Lao Wen, wait! Where are you going?!!" Zishu used his qinggong to overtake the other and gripped his arm.

"I need to find A-Xiang!! It's not safe here! WHERE DO YOU TAKE MY A-XIANG??!!!" Wen Kexing twirled around to face Zhou Zishu with a furious breath. His eyes were red as if he went back to his old persona as Ghost Valley Master. He took and opened his fan in a flash, then positioned it right in front of Zishu's adam apple.

"Lao Wen, calm down. A-Xiang is not here." Anymore, he wanted to add. Yet, he recognized Wen Kexing was not in his right mind—or even worse than before. It was not a wise decision to reveal the truth.

"Then WHERE is SHE?!! I need to take her away from here!!"

"Why?" He wished to drive his soulmate back to reality by delaying their conversation because Wen Kexing was still trapped in the hallucination of his own memories. It had happened several times before during their seclusion albeit minor ones. At those times, the healer would eventually come to his senses after Zhou Zishu coaxed him.

"It's not safe here! I can't let Master find her! She's just a little girl!"

What? Master? Does Lao Wen mean the former master of Ghost Valley?

The older immortal knew a big picture of his soulmate's childhood life in that nasty place, but his Lao Wen never talked in detail. He didn't want to pry too much either.

"It is. It's safe here... with you and me here. Nothing will happen here." He cupped Wen Kexing's face in his palm—again. "Lao Wen, can you recognize me?"

"What—"

"Look at me. Look at my face. Who am I?"

"I don't know—"

"Look carefully. I'm sure your heart knows the answer already."

Wen Kexing frowned deeply but he couldn't deny the request. His pupils moved from left to right as if searching from the answer.

"A..." His mouth was gaping. "...A-Xu...?"

Zhou Zishu smiled proudly. "Yes. What a good Lao Wen." He reached out his hand to give a pat on his soulmate's head.

Surprisingly, Wen Kexing's eyes widened in horror. He backed away while shaking his head. "No... No way! There's no way A-Xu is here! Old monster said A-Xu is following them to the armory. YOU LIED!! YOU ARE NOT MY A-XU!! YOU ARE A LIAR!! WHO ARE YOU??!!"

"What?!!"

What the hell?! Lao Wen's mind is getting more and more messy. His memories jump from one part to another without a coherent link. Shit!! If this continues, he will suffer another qi deviation!! I need to find a way to calm him down!

"Lao Wen, listen. It's me. I'm real. We ARE in the armory. Can't you see it?"

"No...! No way.... No way!!" Wen Kexing turned his body and leapt. He flew fast without caring where to go.