TWO

nina sat patiently in her first period waiting for the teacher to begin their lecture. with her spine straightened, legs delicately crossed, and her desk perfectly organized with an array of pens and pencils, nina was beyond prepared for class.

she sniggered to herself as ashlyn and her posse walked in. the red head sporting a freshly cut bob due to-

well, you know.

and nina couldn't help but smile proudly. ashlyn shot the girl a glare but only received a polite wave in return.

after her former friend group had settled into their respective seats, nina continued  to scan the room for familiar faces. in the compact class room, the girl's eyes landed on a head of chocolate curls. nina sighed dreamily at the sight of him.

being halfway into the school year without friends, nina had to find other things to keep her attention.

one of those things being richard bowen.

she admired the stereotypical jock from afar, taking note of every aspect about him.

his jersey number, usual lunch table, classes, friends, and unfortunately, his girlfriend.

of course the boy's all star foot ball player stereotype wouldn't be complete without his blonde, airhead of a girlfriend, lilly. captain of the cheer squad and the "resident dumbass of east high" as nina liked to call her.

people have sworn they saw her spell the word orange with a D

but besides her lack of brains, she had everything nina could dream of. the perfect boyfriend and a reputation that her classmates could only beg for.

she had the power nina craved

and she would do anything to take her place.

a harsh bang of a ruler broke nina out of her thoughts "alright class, are we ready now?" the teacher asked.

the brunette nodded along with her classmates as the effects of her zoned-out state wore off. she once again caught sight of the curly-haired boy she longed for, but this time pried her eyes away before neatly writing in her notebook.