SIX

the next day, nina was her regular self at school. shoving past the jocks and cheerleaders, flipping her perfectly combed hair in underclassmen's faces, and clearing a path for herself, all with her cherry red lipstick in hand.

it was the typical one-woman parade she organized each morning, until it all came to halt at the sight of lilly patiently waiting at her locker like a vulture.

"is there something i can help you with lilly? i heard cody brock is looking for a blow job if that's who you're looking for" nina said as she popped open her locker.

"as if, nina. i see right through your plan and it's not going to work"

"i'm sorry lilly but i have no idea what you're referring to. maybe if your brain wasn't so scrambled from all the molly you've been taking, you'd actually be able to express yourself through words."

"oh please, drop the innocent act nina. you're trying to steal my boyfriend!"

"listen lilly, i'm sure i could find you a nice therapist to talk to about your insecurities— but until then, stop putting them off on me" nina said, causing lilly to storm off into the crowded hall.

nina continues her usual morning routine at her locker as if the heated discussion with the blonde had never happened. she organized her textbooks, tidied up the photos hanging inside, and checked her appearance.

as nina applied a fresh coat of cherry red lipstick, the crowded hall parted making way for the jocks to pass. with ricky leading the pack, he quickly spotted nina and called out "nini, hey!" successfully earning many questioning stares from his team mates and the student body.

"dude, what the hell was that," one of the boys asked.

"what was what," ricky replied with a laugh.

"you acting all buddy-buddy with the resident bitch of the school, nina." the boy stated as if it was obvious.

"pfft she's not a bitch, she's my nini."

"whatever man"

a smile quickly spread across nina's face upon hearing the pet name. she quickly shut her locker and strutted towards her class with ricky's words echoing in her head.

my nini

my nini

ricky's nini

his nini