1 : flashbacks, aftershocks

"but mommy..i want a separate birthday party" namjoon tugs on his mother's sleeve. "be quiet boy, you should be happy you get to celebrate at all" she looks away from namjoon and to the other children with a smile

"mommy..it's not even their birthday, it's my birthday! that's not fair" namjoon pouts. "what did i say? be quiet! you ungrateful bitch!" namjoon's lip quivers "ma-"

slap.

all of the children at the party looked at them, some of the mothers shielded their child's eyes. "go to your room" his mother pushes him lightly.

"namjoon"

"Namjoon?"

"KIM NAMJOON!" namjoon is awoken from his trance. "is there something more important that you'd like to share with the class?" the teacher asks, his classmates look at him and giggle.

a few whispered a few words such as "idiot" "stupid" "dumbass"

"no, sorry. just..nothing" he sits back and flips to the page his seatmate is at. "good."

"hey, you can copy me" he whispers to namjoon, passing his notes to him. "oh, thank you. you're seokjin, right?" he nods.

namjoon copies the notes down and gives the page back to seokjin. "would you like to come to lunch with me and my friends?" seokjin whispers as the teacher teaches.

"sure" they talk the entire time, mainly making fun of the teacher, seokjin brings his pen up to his eyebrows to imitate his unibrow and then adjusts his voice to sound like a dumber version of their teacher

"kim seokjin! detention for interrupting class!" seokjin rolls his eyes, he grabs his bookbag and takes namjoon by the hand. "you too?! seriously ?! detention for you too namjoon!"

namjoon grabs his things and seokjin leads them outside. "he's a old fattie, don't think about it too much, it won't go on your record if he doesn't write you up"

"what do you.." seokjin holds up the paper, for write ups.

it rips it half and he throws it. "let's go to one of my friend's classes!" namjoon nods and they run into the science lab.

"seokjin, here again" she chuckles as seokjin peaks in. "here for hoseok?" he nods, she points, he runs back there with namjoon behind him and he sits next to him.

"hobi" seokjin hugs him. "jin, there's a.." he leans into jin and whispers "weirdo behind you"

"weirdo? oh, this is namjoon. he's my seatmate" namjoon waves. "oh, hi. i'm hoseok" they shake hands.

the bell rings and seokjin takes his two friends by the hand "lunch time!"