Chapter 12: Cure the darkness

Chat noir was about to give her mouth to mouth but noticed she whispered something. He leaned closer to hear her but a bright flash of light revealed her to say her detransformation words. Marinette now on his lap, still gripping her side in pain. At least now he could take a look at her side. He gently moved her hand and lifted her shirt up to see her side. It was back again but now was starting to turn red and bubbly. This was bad. What should he do?!

Tikki flew out of her purse and looked at it.

"Quick! We need to go to the museum!" Tikki pleaded, a little panicked. " Before Hawkmoth feels her pain!"

Chat picked her up once again and headed to the museum. Without any distractions or delay they landed inside, avoiding the alarm as it was closed. Tikki flew over to a slab of artwork on the wall and read it, looking for something. He laid Marinette on a bench nearby and walked over to Tikki.

"Here! Here it is!"

"What is?"

"Hawkmoth must have translated the text in here. It tells of how to power up your powers."

"Are we able to do that?" Chat asked.

"As adults, yes." Tikki sighed.

"So what do we need to do?" Chat asked.

"When Hawkmoth akumatizes another victim, Ladybug will use the ladybugs to fix everything again. This time after the words "Miraculous Ladybug" She will yell at the end: "Cure the darkness"." Tikki said.

"Cure the darkness?"

"Yes, he used his victim to shoot pure darkness into her body, enveloping Ladybug's miraculous light that fixes everything. That is why the Ladybugs didn't heal her. She had darkness inside of her." Tikki explained.

"Hawkmoth..." Chat noir clenched fists in anger, walking back to Marinette who was now starting to wake up. She slowly sat up and let her vision adjust from four chat noirs to only one.

"What... what happened?" Marinette asked.

Chat noir gave a worried frown and kneeled down beside her, lifting her shirt up again to see her bruise. It was gone again. How could it appear and disappear like that? A distant rumble shook the building and they knew there was an akuma.

"We're going to fix you right up. We need to get you home first." Chat noir said, standing back up.

Marinette grabbed his hand, and he looked down at her.

"What is... happening to me?" Marinette asked, her eyes starting to water.

Tikki flew over to Marinette and caressed her cheek comfortingly.

"Let Chat noir take you home Marinette." Tikki said softly.

Chat noir picked her up without any fuss from her and they found themselves back in Marinette's bedroom. He laid her down in her bed and she felt her phone buzz. She looked at it and shot up.

"Adrien! There is an akuma! We have to g-"

"No." He interrupted her.

Marinette's excited face turned into a frown, confused as to why he said it so sternly as if he were mad.

"But... why?"

"You're really hurt Marinette. You need to stay here until I can fix you. No one else can, doctors can't help you. I need... you're miraculous." He said softly, knowing how that sounds.

"No." She said, blocking her earrings from him.

"I will give you mine in return, to hold until I get back." Chat noir winked.