Chapter 22.

Mark reached the city and pushed himself through the fighting crowd. Some of the houses were set on fire and the city was already covered with dust and black clouds. It was filled with monsters and the soldiers' number was less now. He ran towards the castle when he was stopped by Sydra who fought with a nightmare, but she killed it.

"Mark. Where were you?" she asked worriedly as she followed Mark.

"I'll tell you everything, but now I need to fix my mistake," said Mark and started running again.

"Wait..." Sydra said, but Mark was too far and she was attacked again, so she couldn't go after him.

Mark entered the castle and ran straight to the throne room. He was sure that Rufus was there because he wanted to take the throne as soon as possible. When he opened the door he saw him walking towards the throne with the fake Jack after him.

"Hey, Rufus," shouted Mark, which is why Rufus turned back.

"What are you doing here? You should be dead by now," said Rufus furiously.

"You have to try harder to kill me," said Mark as he went closer to Rufus.

"Ha-ha, what do you want?" laughed Rufus.

"I want to take back what's mine. You made a fool of me," said Mark with a stern face, clenching his fists from the anger.

"It was your fault." grinned Rufus and he stepped closer to Mark. "Looks like it's true then, that love is a poison. It infects people."

He stepped closer to Mark and smiled right into his face. Mark was standing still and Rufus started walking around him.

"They became predictable, controllable and so naive. They can do anything if it costs their lover's life." he smiled at Mark as he leaned to whisper into his ear. "You just simply walked into my trap. Your biggest mistake was that you listened to your heart... and didn't think."

"You cheater," said Mark, clenching his teeth.

"Next time think with your brain Mark," said Rufus and stopped in front of Mark.

"You're gonna pay for this," said Mark and he shot a fireball at Rufus.

Rufus dodged it and the fire hit the wall behind him. With that Rufus formed a black fireball in his hand and shot it at Mark. Mark dodged it too and the fight started. Both of them formed a sword out of their power, while the fake Jack was standing beside the throne. He knew Rufus wanted to kill Mark by himself so he didn't move from his place just watched the two of them fighting.

"You are too weak against me," shouted Rufus and he launched himself at Mark, but Mark blocked his attack. "Do you know, what your little friend told me?"

Mark didn't say anything, he just gripped his sword's handle more.

"He wanted me to let him free because he has a girlfriend who would probably be worried about him," said Rufus, and Mark was angrier.

"No, you are lying," Mark said and now he launched himself at Rufus, but instead of blocking Mark's attack, Rufus dodged him and with a quick move he started levitating Mark.

"He is not gay as you," said Rufus as he turned Mark towards him to look into his eyes. "If he loves you, he will come after you, but... I doubt it."

Rufus threw Mark to the nearest wall and Mark hit his head so he just collapsed on the floor. Rufus laughed again and walked back to the throne to sit down. Mark tried to stand up to stop him, but his back hurt.

"Mark!" shouted someone from behind Rufus, but he knew exactly who it was so he turned to Mark with a smile on his face.

"Looks like you are a lucky man... But not for too long." Rufus turned to the entrance of the room, where Jack was standing with the sword in his hand. "So you are here as well."

"Give him to me. Please, I want to be the one who kills him." said the fake Jack with a wicked smile then his eyes turned into black orbs.

"Have fun," said Rufus and he went back to the throne, but Mark managed to stand up so they started fighting again.

The fake Jack went up to the real one and he smiled widely at him. Jack held his sword up in a defensive state and waited for the creature's first move. The fake Jack formed green fireballs in his hand and kept smiling at Jack.

"It's so cool. Like looking in a mirror." he said, "The only difference is that I'm stronger than you."

"And more egoistic." smiled Jack, then with the sword, he launched himself at his copied version and the fight began.

The fake Jack dodged him then he fired the green fireball at him, but Jack defended himself with the sword. The copied Jack made a sword with his power, then he started sword fighting with him.

"Nice sword. Mark gave it to you, didn't he?" said Jack, smiling at the real one. "It's too sad though that you can't use it."

He grabbed Jack by his throat with his power and threw him at the wall. Jack collapsed on the floor and the other one ran up to him, grabbing him again. Jack weakly looked at the fake one who just smiled at him once again.

"Take a nap." said the fake Jack and hit Jack's head with the end of his sword, causing Jack to get unconscious.

"Jack," shouted Mark and pushed Rufus back with his power to run up to Jack, pushing the other one away as well to throw him against the wall. "Jack, wake up."

Mark kneeled beside Jack and tried to shake him awake, but he didn't move. He was still alive, but the fake Jack hit him hard on his head. Rufus slowly rose from the ground and went over to Mark, grabbing onto his sword. The fake Jack was lying on the ground, but as he looked up he just smiled, watching Rufus.

"You see, Mark. You are thinking with your heart again," said Rufus from behind Mark and raised his sword in the air to kill him. "That's what will cause your death."