Chapter 7.

Mark and Jack had a great time together playing a cooperative game. After they finished the recording Mark edited the video and uploaded it. On that night Mark couldn't really sleep. He had a bad dream that slowly turned into a nightmare.

He was in the middle of the darkness, looking around to find something. All of a sudden he was in a forest, but it didn't seem familiar. He heard a loud howling sound and he saw something moving in the shadows. It looked like a creature, but when it stepped out of the shadow it was a man figure. In fact, it was Rufus. His eyes glowed red in the darkness and he was smiling at him widely. Rufus pulled his sword out and was about to attack Mark, but he stopped right in front of him. The sword stopped at Mark's neck and Rufus continued smiling. He stepped away from Mark and stepped to another man. It was Jack. Mark wanted to run up to him, but suddenly he couldn't move, because his legs and arms were chained to the ground. Rufus went up to Jack and looked back at Mark, still smiling at him.

"No..." started Mark, pulling on the chains.

Rufus grabbed his sword's handle tighter and turned back to Jack. With that move, he stabbed Jack right in his stomach.

"NO!" shouted Mark as he watched Jack dying.

Jack's lifeless body fell onto the ground and slowly faded away. Mark wanted to run to him, but the chains were still holding him. With Jack's body, the scene faded into a different place as well and now his friends were standing in front of him.

"Where is the prince, Mark?" asked Rufus when he appeared in front of Mark too.

"I don't know," said Mark, so Rufus angrily turned to Mark's friends and killed Gloom, cutting his throat. "NO!"

"I'm going to ask you this one more time." started Rufus as he turned back to Mark. "Where is the prince?"

"I said, I don't know." cried Mark to Rufus, but he wasn't convinced.

Rufus turned to Sydra and stabbed her as well then stopped before he would cut Skyrim's throat. Rufus looked back at Mark once more waiting for an answer, but Mark couldn't say anything. His tears were rolling on his cheeks and looked at Rufus with fear.

"Please, no," said Mark, but Rufus didn't care.

Rufus kept looking at Mark and without breaking his gaze from him. With a quick and silent move, he cut Skyrim's throat, and without care, he left Mark there with the dead bodies of his friends. Mark closed his eyes from fear, crying heavily as he kneeled on the ground. Once he opened his eyes again, he was in the darkness again. He looked around and he saw his friends, standing around him, but they were dead. The wound from the sword was visible on their body and their eyes were shut. Then he saw Jack in front of him again, but he had a big wound on his stomach too.

"Why did you let us die, Mark?" asked Jack with a deadly voice.

"I didn't want you to die," said Mark and buried his face into his hands. "I didn't want this."

"You didn't even try to save us," said Jack, now he sounded angry and hurt.

"I couldn't..." whispered Mark. "I'm so sorry."

Mark looked up and all he saw was his friends with a knife in their hand. They all approached him with an evil grin on their face. Mark looked at Jack who had a knife in his hand too. Mark was now scared because Jack tackled him down and tried to stab him at his throat, while his other friends tried to stab him where they could.

"Why did you let us die?" screamed Jack and was about to stab Mark right at his chest.

Mark quickly opened his eyes and sat up in his bed from fear. He looked around to check if he was really in his room and he wasn't dreaming anymore. He took deep breaths to calm himself down and tried to relax. It was just a bad dream. He kept saying this to himself, but then he felt like he wasn't awake. He looked around again, then he decided to check on Jack if he was okay.

Mark left his room and quietly to not wake Chica up, he went to the guest bedroom and slightly opened the door. He looked inside, but Jack wasn't in bed. It was empty. He then heard as the bathroom door opened at the end of the hallway. He looked at the way and in the darkness, he saw Jack holding up the knife in his hand. He launched at Mark, trying to stab him, but this time Mark truly woke up. He looked around and then on the clock on his nightstand. Without hesitation he stood up and quickly went to the guest bedroom, opening the door. Mark was relieved when he saw Jack's figure under the sheets, sleeping peacefully.

Mark breathed out and slowly he closed the door back. He couldn't go back to sleep though. So instead he put a sweater on and a pullover then went outside through the backdoor. He tried not to wake Chica up, but she heard the sliding of the door so she followed Mark outside. Mark actually didn't mind, so he closed the door after Chica, then they started walking towards the forest.

"It was horrible," said Mark to Chica. "This can't happen."

Chica barked quietly and looked at her owner. Mark stopped at a big tree and he sat under it. Chica followed him and sat beside him, so Mark started petting her head.

"We have to stop Rufus. I can't let this happen." Mark said and Chica cuddled up to him, so Mark hugged her.

He was thinking about his dream. Jack was in serious danger as long as Rufus was alive. Everybody was in danger. His friends... his home.... the prince wherever he might be.