Chapter 3.

He arrived home and it was about 11 pm at the time. He slid open the back door and went inside then closed it behind him. He went through the kitchen, putting his phone on the counter, then into the living room, when he saw something on the ground. It was Chica, lying beside the couch. He thought she was asleep, but suddenly his front door slightly opened. It freaked him out a little, but he quickly stood up to close it. He went up to the door and with a powerful push the wind opened the front door wider and a strange black cloud entered, but Mark couldn't see it. He grabbed the door and tried to close it, but the wind was too strong. Eventually, he closed it and quickly locked it too.

"Hello Mark." said a male voice from behind him, so Mark quickly turned around to see who it was, however, the man's face was covered with a mask. "It's been a while."

"Who are you?" asked Mark with fear in his eyes, but he tried not to show it to the man.

"Oh, you know exactly who I am." said the sinister voice and it made Mark thinking.

"I heard this voice before," he muttered and kept thinking about where he could possibly hear this voice before, then he remembered. "No, you can't be him."

"Did you miss me?" asked the man as he took off his mask, revealing his face.

He was a middle-aged man with red eyes. He had a scar that started from his eyebrows and ran through his left eye, while his long hair covered the other half of his face. His black coat was long enough to hit the ground. He wore black pants with black boots and he had a long magic staff in his hand. It looked kinda creepy because at the end of the staff there was a human skull stuck to it. He smiled widely as he saw Mark's surprised and scared face.

"Rufus! How did you escape?" asked Mark, trying to look strong.

"Well, if you have some free time, alone in another dimension, you learn some really useful spells," he said, playing with the black smoke in his hand.

"You will be sent back by the Senate," said Mark confidently.

"No, if they'll never find me," said Rufus, then he grabbed Mark's throat with some black smoke to push him up against the wall. "How do you like black magic? It's more fun than to be the councilor of the king, isn't it?"

"You killed the king and the queen. But you will never find the prince," said Mark, gritting his teeth. "I heard that the Senate hid him well."

"Oh, so they made..." started Rufus, but suddenly Mark's phone started buzzing on the counter in the kitchen.

Rufus turned his head towards the sound then looked back at Mark. He used his power to pick it up from there and levitate it over to them. He looked at the screen, and read the name out loud.

"Jack. Hmm..." he smirked and looked back at Mark, asking. "I wonder who it is."

"It's none of your business," said Mark and tried to escape from Rufus's grip, but he was too strong.

"Answer it," said Rufus as he handed Mark the phone, but he didn't take it.

Rufus became angry as the phone kept buzzing and that Mark didn't do what he said. He banged Mark against the wall, shouting into his face as he ordered him again.

"Answer it!"

Mark grabbed the phone and Rufus released him. He landed on the floor as Rufus threw him down. Mark looked up at him and he was just standing there with crossed arms and an evil smile on his face. Mark kept looking at him while he answered the call and put the phone to his ear.

"Hi, Jack," he said not taking his angry, cold eyes off of Rufus.

"Hi, Mark. I'm at the airport, the plane will take off soon," said Jack and Mark could hear the joy and happiness in his voice.

"Great," said Mark and he became worried, but he had to reply to his friend like everything was okay. "Call me if you are here and I'll pick you up."

"Is everything okay?" asked Jack, because he probably heard the concern in Mark's voice.

"Yeah. Everything is good. Just a little tired." said Mark to reassure Jack.

Rufus went over to the couch and leaned against its back, crossing his arms and smiling at Mark's angry face. Mark kept looking at him with those cold eyes as he was listening to Jack.

"Okay. Well, I can't wait to see you finally. I need to go now, I'll call you later buddy, see ya." said Jack, then Mark said bye as well and ended the call.

"So, a friend is coming over," said Rufus. "Nice."

"If you try to even place a hand on him I'll end your life," said Mark, and Rufus just chuckled.

"You really like him, don't you? You would do anything to save him." Rufus stood back up and went over to Mark to crouch in front of him. "In that case, I should go. This changes everything."

"What do you want?" asked Mark.

"I'm not going to tell you," said Rufus as he leaned closer to Mark's face and smiled directly into it. "It's funnier in this way."

Rufus stood up and flashed an evil smile at Mark again, then he headed to the front door. He opened it whit his power and the wind opened it wider. He opened up a black portal, but before he entered it he looked back at Mark.

"It was nice to meet you again, Mark."

Rufus turned around with the evilest smile on his face and left Mark's house, stepping into the portal. It closed behind him, just like the front door as the wind settled down again. Mark sat on the floor, thinking about what to do. He should tell this immediately to Master Shan, or the Senate. If Rufus escaped that meant danger for everybody. On top of that, Jack was coming over, which put his life at risk as well. He wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something happened to Jack. He needs to protect him... but how is that possible without telling him the truth? He just wanted to spend an amazing week with him then tell him how he feels, but... after all of this. He didn't know what to do.