Let Go

His gummy smile. A rare but an enchanting one at it.

That smile which can heal every depressed person, can brighten every dull mood, can soothen every soul. Every single person in the room were literally feeling honoured to get to see that. Of course the boy was shocked to see the living room decorated with balloons and fairy string lights, vases filled up with new pink rose mallows discarding the old gloomy ones, once dark lonely room filled with his loved ones.

It's not like he had many persons he could cherish for, but still he was happy to see his favourite persons altogether smiling and cheering for him. Moreover, he didn't expect at all to see a delicious looking cake on the main table, nicely decorated with cream and sugar balls. He didn't expect any of it when he returned from his college holding the confirmation letter to join Seoul round.

Their eyes sparkling with happy tears showed how proud they all were for him.
He felt a soft pat on his head, the touch making him close his eyes immediately.

"I'm so proud of you baby. You did so well. Congratulations."

He'd be lying if these mere words didn't affect him at all.
He didn't control himself anymore. He couldn't do that. He couldn't pretend anymore that he wasn't craving for these words to hear. He couldn't act like he doesn't care about all these appreciation and affection he's getting from his Mom.

Though he accepted the warmth radiating from her embrace, the boy was speechless at this point. He wasn't prepared for this, never expected it coming from his Mom anytime soon. His Mom was sobbing hard on his shoulder but he was still unfazed.
Though tiny drops gushed from his glittery eyes, he was quick to wipe them to go unnoticed by everyone present there, including his Mom.

"Thank you, Mom. It means a lot."
The boy said in a small voice, his Mom still in his embrace, sniffling lowly on his chest.

"Of course it does, son. I admit I was late to realise how these little things affected you. But not anymore. I'm not asking you to forgive me this instant. I want to work on this actively on my own. I just need a chance to change everything. Are you willing to give me one? Please."
Yoongi can see the puff red eyes full of tears as she pulled her head from his shoulder and looked at him with a hint of hope in them.

Yoongi was never a person to hold grudges. To say, he never had anything against his Mom. He has accepted his fate a long ago.
But he couldn't say no to those hopeful eyes,  eyes silently begging for a single chance.
He finally nodded his head allowing his Mom to use this chance to mend their relationship. He believed even if it takes time, she'll succeed someday. Her just lit up eyes showing him the right signs.

Everyone almost teared up watching this beautiful scene. But they had to break this soft moment, they had a party to celebrate of course and the icy cake was already melting.

That was probably the only party Yoongi attended with his Mom and handful of friends. Yet he labelled it as his best one till now. He had spent the best of his time with them before leaving for Seoul.

"Taehyung-ah, are you nervous? You know you can talk with me right?" Yoongi tried to talk with the younger as he saw the boy was fiddling with his fingers continuously.

"I don't know hyung. It's not sitting right in my mind about our next round. I feel like something big is gonna happen, a big change and we all are not ready for it."

"It's a competition Tae, we don't have any idea what rules we would have to follow, which genre we would have to be settled in, of course we're not ready for it. But we can make it together. Don't worry yeah?"

"Yeahh Hyung. Maybe that is it." Tae was not fully convinced about the reason but he chose to let it slide.

"Is there anything else going on that pretty little head?" Taehyung huffed but smiled at his Hyung.
'It's not easy to keep things from you'