Friends

Taehyung parked his bike infront of Yoongi's home. To say that he was nervous would be an understatement. They had been friends for over 7 years and this was the first time Taehyung was reluctant to meet the elder.

But he had to clear the misunderstanding caused by him. Yes, he could have neglected and postponed this to some more days, but he knew the more late he was, the more distance they could be apart from each other.

Reluctantly he moved towards the house and rang the bell twice.

He heard Yoongi's mother answering with a yes and after a few seconds the door opened.

"Taehyung-ah, what a surprise." She greeted him with a huge smile.

"Hello Aunt, I hope you are doing well.", He bowed infront of her.

"Come inside. Yes I am doing well. Have you eaten yet? I can make lunch for you."

"No aunt, it's not needed, mama had made some pancakes for me in the morning and some for hyung too. I came to give it to him since he was absent today."

Her face slowly turned sad when she talked about Yoongi.

"Tae-ah, can I ask you something. Will you answer me?", She looked hesitant.

"Yeah aunt, tell me. What happened?"

"Is something going on in college that's disturbing Yoongi? I talked to him in the morning but he looked sad and disturbed. I'm worried for him.", Her gaze went towards his room door in concern.

All the memories of yesterday came to Tae in flash. Ofcourse he would be sad after how he treated his hyung. He could only hope that he will be forgiven.

"It's nothing like that aunt, actually we have participated in a national music competition which is a very big deal for all of us. And we are going to get our results soon, maybe that's why he's a little anxious."

"Competition? What comp-"

She didn't care to continue her words. She didn't even know what was going on in her son's life. She should have been there for him, she should have made him coffee while he stayed late night to make music, she should have made sure that he eats and not skip any meal, she should have known about this competition about which he's so stressed about. But knowing about her own son from an outsider hurt like hell.

But she couldn't blame anyone but her. She didn't give enough time for her son to bloom under her shadow and warmth and that caused him to grow up as a cold and hard person. Only if she could turn back the time and bring back the cheering, playful kid who shared everything with his mom first thing after he came from his school.

In comparison to her memories, it's been years since they have had a decent talk without giving each other guilty eyes or blank stares.

She could only imagine how her son would've been excited about sharing the news with her. How his eyes would've lit up with stars, now that he can use his love and passion for music in a right way. How he would've expected to atleast get a pat on his head for taking a step ahead to his goal.

"Aunt... , Aunt Min"

"Yeah", she came out of her trance hearing Taehyung call her.

"Were you hearing me aunt? I felt like your state of mind was somewhere else."

"Yes I was. But then my mind just diverted to something else. Sorry, what were you saying again? "

"Let me guess, were you planning to surprise hyung after we win this round? You were right? I can read minds Aunt, I'm good at it. And you too know that your son isn't going to lose with the music he made for us.", Tae said displaying the boxy smile.